Dh trail not involving NS

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My mates and i have taken over an old DH track and we spent the long week end clearing all the overgrown bushes and making lines ect. The track is 850m long and takes about 3min to ride. We want some ideas of cool stuff like jumps made of dirt or rocks and drops but kind of natual as we dont want to dump north shores down the bush.
Any one got any ideas from previos experience?

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
whitey89 said:
My mates and i have taken over an old DH track and we spent the long week end clearing all the overgrown bushes and making lines ect. The track is 850m long and takes about 3min to ride. We want some ideas of cool stuff like jumps made of dirt or rocks and drops but kind of natual as we dont want to dump north shores down the bush.
Any one got any ideas from previos experience?
It's only 830m long and it takes 3min???

As stated above it's hard to comment without seeing it.

have a look at these for some ideas
http://www.imba.com/resources/trail_building/challenge_tips.html
http://www.imba.com/resources/trail_building/itn_15_3_dropin.html

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
um,well your lucky with all the rocks auzzy has to offer,i say build rock drops,rock jumps and anything that has to do with rocks.then go through it and pack parts of your track up with dirt

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fleshbone said:
um,well your lucky with all the rocks auzzy has to offer,i say build rock drops,rock jumps and anything that has to do with rocks.then go through it and pack parts of your track up with dirt
Yeah there is alot of rocks, the track takes almost 3min but its very technical and rocky

norco_maniac

Likes Dirt
rock gardens, drops of variable sizes, berms, if you have some big rock walls od big boulders you could even have wallride, jumps(race jumps) and if there are any dirt roads or fire trails you could build some road gaps.

i love freeride stuff! so i would be inclined to look for steep bits and have fun with those! but depending on the area as i have no idea what condition it is in??? (post some pix!) either make it a fast DH track or a technical freeride track, they would be the two ways of looking at the area that i can think of!

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Post up some pics of the problem areas and you'll probably get over-whelmed with ideas on how to improve them.

Problem areas don't just include erosion, it could be an area that you come into too fast or too slow or something that just doesn't flow quite right.