DH trails, Melbourne

Oliver2424

Likes Bikes
Would anyone know of any good DH trails near Melbourne. the place i normally ride at is the you yangs but its about an hour away, looking for something closer.Thanks

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
There must be about 90 of these posts by now!

Go to the Shepperton uplift which starts in a minute and Vic series DH rounds, when daylight savings kicks in go to Long Gully, talk to people. There's plenty of riding around but some is not strictly allowed and you'll need shuttles, so either a doting parent, amazing girlfriend/boyfriend or friends of a bike oriented manner.

mcstackin

Likes Bikes
Kinglake is a must .

Mate if you go up to kinglake (just under the power lines ) you will find a great track that's well worth a ride , although a shuttle is very handy if you can organise one other wise its a long walk up , about 2.5 ks or just do the top section .

downhiller96

Likes Dirt
shepp

went to mt major today VERY VERY different to the you yangs as i found out! i usually ride at the you yangs 2.
very nice trails and jumps at the end but the only bad thing is that its a 3k walk/ride to the top! but its actually a road unlike the dirt road at the you yangs. i recommend it but were all your protective gear!!!

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt
Red Hill's got some trails.

that's a damn sight closer than mt. Major, too!

(everyone should be behind the bikes on the new chairlift movement, too!)

Red Hill's got some trails.

that's a damn sight closer than mt. Major, too!

(everyone should be behind the bikes on the new chairlift movement, too!)
i was wondering what the go is with red hill, im from echuca and going to mornington on the weekend can you ride the downhill tracks there or is it closed,i would like to sneak off for a ride ,might take the bike,
cheers

omac

Likes Dirt
i was wondering what the go is with red hill, im from echuca and going to mornington on the weekend can you ride the downhill tracks there or is it closed,i would like to sneak off for a ride ,might take the bike,
cheers
I ride there all most every Sunday.

PM sent ;)

dl79

Likes Dirt
Chairlift to open Summer 2014/15 is what I have heard. Legal DH trails are in discussions with all involved parties.