DH Training Thread

Hard and fast

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys

My usual training basically crosses over from my rugby training which happens 4 times a week..
It goes from long fitness sessions which absolutely kill you through to some light gym sessions which provide stable leg and abb work to keep the core strength up.. with some bicepcurls mixed in to keep the arm pump away

At home the usual, max push ups and sit ups 3 sets..

Food- Well basically I eat Breakfast- morning tee lunch dinner then a small meal before i go to bed.

Goes pretty well and keeps me fit, plus all the fitness work helps on the long pedals on some tracks..

Cheers

mutters21

Likes Bikes
My health teacher said when you are having eggs for protein while training never have more than 2 if you are consistently doing it (every day). He also said half an hour after training? Which is correct?
Yeah to be honest mate, i'm not to sure. I have just been doing what my trainer has said, he did say to have 2 but i have three because i'm always hungry and i have been told by quite a few people that it's a 20 minute window after training.

But i'm just a kid doing what he's told.. hahaha

tc2233

Likes Dirt
Chainless runs... /end thread
+ 1. Helps sooo much at Thredbo.
I guess some type of fitness too helps you get through the weekend.

Well I have been a bit lazy this year.
Training:
1 xc ride a week.
Try to go for 1 or 2 Dh rides a week.
Go surfing or body boarding, depending on what i feel like doing it.
After school i go and work at a landscaping business filling up and lifting 30kg bags with sand and soil helps quite a lot.

Nuitrition:
I eat heaps of crap, probably not the best diet.
Some Weet-Bix in the morning does the trick.

RiLiZe

Likes Dirt
Ride as much as possible
have people that are faster then you and try to keep up
eat well(except to and from races maccas is accepted)
sports(sport)
keeping up fitness

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I actually did this last season, came round one when it came to pedalling and I blew up! Definately a approach which shouldnt be to frequent.... Its also really specific to the track design aswell! Learning to hold your speed and braking less can be really good, but does it outweigh learning to crank out a good run, were to be changing gears, braking as late as possible into sections at race speeds etc ?
Sure - you need fitness as well - but I get that from XC - as far as skill on the bike goes - chainless is where it's at (I don't mean you literally have to take you chain off - just ban yourself from pedalling). And I just mean every now and then - not every time you get on the DH bike... Maybe like a day of chainless every fourth time you're out riding...

Riding is sick. Whatever kind of riding your doing, its all good. Even if its ya missus. All helps with core strength. Bit of donkey calf on the side, so your calves look like Eyes' and Chris Kovarik's.

Xc riding helps bulk too. Fitness and then bombing the DH bits on a sketchy short travel bike. Would ride Xc so much more if I had a good bike for it.

I find my fitness in racing Bmx. Wednesday night gates, Friday night clubby. Explosive strength and leg speed.

Diet is pretty much a Subway diet, as its the my place of employment.

I do have a Gym membership, but only manage to get there maybe 3 times a fortnight. I don't kill myself on big gut busting squats and bench presses though. Smaller weights, more reps.
Fark I ROR'd at that...! Donkey calf... Subway diet... I like tapping a bit of Subway too Jonesy!

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
Im pretty lucky in that I have a downhill track 2km's from my house so my main training involves pushing up and riding down. I used to go on night xc rides with my local bike store but their yet to start that up again.

joesturdy

Likes Bikes
training?

haha i do..........not much ha
i go for a run a least 3-4 times a week and ride my bmx when ever i have a spare 30 mins and ride the dh when someone wants to take me to the hills, oh and i eat alot of shit food, i am eating bacon and eggs as i type haha.