DHBMX...

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
looks like one huge jumping course - they will have downhill sections to get the speed up - but its all jumps - where are the 10 foot drop offs and fast but techy sections?? course is built for specific purpose - ridiculous insane jumps

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can some one please tell me why MTBs can't run on that course too ??(as seperate event). An extra event means more publicity for the X games..........seems stupid to me.
And after just replying to 2stepin's thread about lame DH couses, maybe this is the kinda thing those big jump nutters would love.

Rik

logged out
It's just a cheap TV spectacle... but I guess it'd be nice to throw some MTB's on it just for kicks (ha-ha, bad pun)

curtisrider

Eats Squid
Gutty said:
Can some one please tell me why MTBs can't run on that course too ??(as seperate event). An extra event means more publicity for the X games..........seems stupid to me.
And after just replying to 2stepin's thread about lame DH couses, maybe this is the kinda thing those big jump nutters would love.
i dont reckon mtb's could do it...it would be too hard to maintain speed.

Rik

logged out
no way!
a 26" wheel will roll alot quicker and maintain momentum alot more than a 20" wheel.

Rik

logged out
MTB's aren't designed for BMX jumps. Bigger wheels and longer wheelbase need a different style takeoff to small wheels and short wheelbase.

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
meh when i was racing cruisers & bmx as well as mtb they all felt the same to me as far as technique went. could clear the same jump on all of em

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
01_250 said:
Rik said:
MTB's aren't designed for BMX jumps. Bigger wheels and longer wheelbase need a different style takeoff to small wheels and short wheelbase.
DH BMX, to me that says BMX jumps,
It can say what you like.......we can all SEE the jumps, who cares what it's called......look at them, they are ridable on a MTB.

Ryan

Radministrator
[quote="01_250]DH BMX, to me that says BMX jumps,[/quote]

Oh and of course no MTB could possibly clear the jumps at the average BMX race track...think BEFORE you speak, BEFORE.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
fair enough, i was mainly getting at the fact that some mtb's cant clear BMX jumps, i mean i jump with some pretty good jumpers and some of them cant even clear a triple at Knox bmx track that bmx'rs can clear.
those who have been thier will know the jump im talking about