dhx 4 shck please help

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
:confused:

I know this probably sounds a bit stupid but i would just like to know what the blue knob at the end of the reserver does and how to adjust it as im new to DH and like to fiddle with stuff:eek:

cheers, will

BKelly

teh fast

I know this probably sounds a bit stupid but i would just like to know what the blue knob at the end of the reserver does and how to adjust it as im new to DH and like to fiddle with stuff:eek:

cheers, will
It controls bottom out as it says, winding it in (clockwise) makes the air volume in the piggy back smaller so it ramps up (becomes harder) towards the end of the travel.

Adjusting the air pressure has a similar effect so check the air pressure first, it usually has the recommended pressure range on the shock somewhere. Rule of thumb is usually higher pressure for smaller volumes (blue knob wound in) and lower pressures for bigger volumes (blue knob wound out)

You can adjust it with a 4mm allen key, it will be harder to turn with higher pressures in there so if it's too hard to turn let a bit of pressure out.

Last edited:

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No it doesn't. If it's a DHX 4 then it doesn't have bottom out adjustment and you can't adjust the air volume. The smaller blue knob is your propedal adjustment.

indica

Serial flasher
It is supposed to lessen pedal bob, but from what I remember of my old one it didn't do a lot.
Leave it all the way off I would say.

BKelly

teh fast

cheers, will
Sorry to give you a bum steer mate, I misread the heading and only read the "blue knob at the end of the resevoir"

The blue knob at the top of the resevoir as explained is the pro-pedal adjustment and adjusts low speed compression.

Increasing the pro-pedal (+) will make the bike pedal more efficiently but the downside will be loosing small bump sensitivity/traction. If your bike already has a suspension system that is pedal efficient you wont need any/much pro-pedal but if your bike bobs up and down a lot while pedaling you might want to use some pro-pedal to limit the pedal bob.

smittyDH

Likes Bikes
On a DHX4 its a propedal adjustment turn towards the + to make it more pedal efficient (pedally tracks) turn to - to make it harder to get pedal efficiency (technical tracks)