DH Dicko's back with a Glory

Dicko888

Likes Dirt
I suppose I'll start by giving you a bit of a back story. I started riding back when I was about 14 or 15 and like most 14/15 year olds I had no money so was restricted to what I could buy. So I was riding an awesome little Hotdog with a massive 140 or 160mm forks. That lasted until I started my apprenticeship. Then I had even less money so the bike was sold and I haven't ridden since about 2005. Recently I decided I'd get back into riding for various reasons, mostly for fitness.

So this is what I ended up buying.

Its a 2013 Giant Glory 2

Its mostly standard for now except for the Boxxer World Cups and Vivid R2C with a pretty heavy spring in it. I got the bike home on Saturday night and Sunday morning I went to ride it and for some reason the rear brake has lost all its fluid and the front feels like it's only half full. So I just ordered a set of saints since giant aren't going to process warranty claims until after christmas now. So hopefully the brakes will be waiting for me at home when I get back from work on Friday so I can finally take it for a ride.

rame - 2013 Giant Glory
Rear shock - Rock Shox Vivid R2C
Front shock/fork - Boxxer Worldcup
Handlebars - Giant Contact AM
Stem - Giant Contact DH, Direct Mount
Headset -
Grips - Giant
Saddle - Giant Performance MTB
Seatpost - Giant Connect
Front brake - Avid Elixir 5 (200mm)
Rear brake - Avid Elixir 5 (180mm)
Cranks - Truvativ Ruktion 36T
Chainguide - MRP G2 Mini SL
Chain - KMC X9
Pedals - Shimano Saint
Front derailleur -
Rear derailleur - SRAM X5
Front shifter -
Rear shifter - SRAM X5
Cassette - SRAM PG 950 11x26, 9-Speed
Front hub - Giant Tracker w/ 20mm Axle
Rear hub - Giant Sealed Bearing w/ 12mm Axle, 32h
Front rim - Giant P-AM 2, Double Wall
Rear rim - Giant P-AM 2, Double Wall
Spokes - DT Swiss Competiton, 14/15g
Nipples -
Tyres - Schwalbe Muddy Mary, Evolution DH, 26x2.5
Tubes -
Total weight -

So far this is the only picture I have of the bike.

Shredden

Knows his goats
I got the bike home on Saturday night and Sunday morning I went to ride it and for some reason the rear brake has lost all its fluid and the front feels like it's only half full.
Typical.

So I just ordered a set of saints since giant aren't going to process warranty claims until after christmas now.
Typical.

Nice bike though, hope you have fun with it.

Dicko888

Likes Dirt
I probably should have worded that a bit better. Giant has said that Avid or the local distributor has to inspect and work out if they will cover it so its the avid people who are apparently going to be the hold up. I was going to change over to saints eventually any way but I was hoping I would have been able to ride the bike first to see what the elixirs are like. The biggest hurdle is trying to make warranty claims with the local giant store when it was purchased in Brisbane. So far they are doing as much as they can to help which is good. I was worried about finding a good mechanic in town since the bloke I used to go to has moved.

Dicko888

Likes Dirt
I just found pics of my old Hotdog. I wouldn't mind buying it back is anyone has it. I did sell it to someone on here but I'd imagine it or the person who bought it are long gone.

2005_0816Image0003.JPG