Difference between Santa Cruz and Intense?

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
@moonman,

What forks are in the carbine?

I looked at revelations but they don't seem to be the same as pictures on SRAMs website for 275 forks. Are they 26" versions? Do they have the necc clearance or do you HAVE TO buy the 275 versions?

Thanks for the reply.

I realize you must be on holidays so I don't really like to ask work questions, but would Monza currently have a Medium in the black in the carbine 275?

We have an LBS close to us with a Monza account so we would order through him.

Earlysport

Likes Bikes
I have an Intense M6 and a Santa Cruz Nomad. For me both brands represent boutique cool. I don't want to ride a Holden.

However. I don't like the non standard bearings in my Nomad that i can't buy at the bearing shop down the road. M6 bearings are standard and easy to change. I also didn't like the extra rubber seals on the Nomad bearing 'covers'. I ground mine down so they didn't rub anymore. Hence my brand preference is probably Intense.

For me both are great bikes and brands. Ride nice, look nice, and make me happy :)

Cheers.

MB

Intense Australia
@moonman,

What forks are in the carbine?

I looked at revelations but they don't seem to be the same as pictures on SRAMs website for 275 forks. Are they 26" versions? Do they have the necc clearance or do you HAVE TO buy the 275 versions?

Thanks for the reply.

I realize you must be on holidays so I don't really like to ask work questions, but would Monza currently have a Medium in the black in the carbine 275?

We have an LBS close to us with a Monza account so we would order through him.
Hi Jared,

The forks on mine are revelation rct3's in a 650 chassis. It's a standard fork available in 2 position like mine or fixed travel 140 and 150 mm variants. If I were to run it fixed I'd use the 140 personally, it would be great for all round use. I love the 2p fork on mine, wouldn't change it for anything, I'm happy to wear the weight penalty.
Also, you can run a lyrik as a 650b fork as well. I've had my front wheel as pictured with the 2.3 in one and there's about 7mm of clearance.

And yes, we have a medium black in stock you can have in either 26 or 275- we just landed some dropouts. I'm tipping Andy's gonna want some too! They are hard to get and we only have a few sets. I'll be back in the office on the 7th of jan but we re-open on the 2nd. Feel free to ask me anything anytime, I'm only checking in every couple of days though.

Cheers

Last edited:

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My LBS guy is off until the 7th too, but as soon as he is back I will get him to order one of those sets of dropouts for me. :)

Hopefully if the sale of my DH frame goes through in the next week or so I will be ordering some of those 650b Rev's too. :)