Difference between SID World Cup & SID XX World Cup

Boreit

Likes Dirt
What is the difference between these 2 forks in layman terms, i think the XX comes standard with remote lock out though it looks like the World cup can be optioned with the remote lockout... does this mean the damper is different, but how different? Is there anything else that differentiates them? what is the preferred fork of these 2?
thanks

0psi

Eats Squid
Lock outs are different. WC uses a traditional cable actuated L/O while the XX uses a hydro L/O. Off the top I've my head I think the XX is a tad lighter, not by much though. Horses for courses really, personally I wouldn't care either way.

Landon

Likes Dirt
SID XX & World Cup

Yeah both the SID World Cup and SID XX World Cup forks are technically the same apart from the compression dampers and graphics. I've got this feeling that the PushLock damper will actually be, or has already been, phased out in favour of the XLoc damper. If a fork lockout is your thing, it's certainly a trick piece of kit!

Cap

Likes Dirt
Funnily enough

I have the current Sid XX on my dually and the World Cup on the hardtail. The WC is slightly lighter but I fitted a hydraulic lockout to it so they're roughly the same. For some reason the XX feels plusher. Maybe being on a dually, I don't know.

rangie

Likes Dirt
Xx

XX lockout and lighter by a hair as far as I know.

There was a stonking deal on a new fork here :)

Boreit

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys so basically the XX has the lockout standard & & a slightly diff damper because of this..... yeh spewin that fork on trading section isnt tapered steerer :(
thanks again

milux

Likes Dirt
I've got the Reba xx with the XLoc, after a crash with a tree the xLoc tube was broken, the system uses positive pressure to activate the fork. I was left to ride the remainder of the track with a fully locked fork. If i had the option again i would go for the cable driver lock. It was also a $250 repair to replace the xLoc, fluid, and bleed. Where the cable would have just been a quick fix.