Dirt de Femme - March 4th, Majura Pines

mcray

Likes Bikes
Hey Girls this event is for you pass it on....

DdF Logo.jpg

DIRT DE FEMME -

Sunday 4 March 2012, in conjunction with Women's Sport Day. Organised by the Cycle Ed Team.

20 kms of riding on the dirt.

Time: Race start at 9:30am

Cost: $50

Training Programme available book via the Book Online Tab full details

PLEASE NOTE: The Dirt de Femme has a minimum age limit of 12yrs to enter.

Why run an event just for the ladies?

The Dirt de Femme's vision is to create a fun, competitive atmosphere for ladies without feeling they must race. It is important they are challenged and they finish with a sense of achievement, feeling satisfied with their accomplishment.

Hosting the event at Majura Vineyards adds to the relaxed and fun atmosphere we envision ladies, such as myself, welcome. We have also secured Giant Bikes to run a ladies demo day with organiser Jess Douglas and Claire Whiteman on board to give tips.

The idea for this event is to encourage participation in a fun, competitive environment. There are many ladies out there who consider themselves mtb riders rather than racers. However a race can be intimidating and for many of us we enjoy the comparison effort of being challenged in a competitive environment rather than a race environment.

As a cycling coach and female mountain biker I have seen many skilled and capable ladies riding their mountain bike steeds. Rarely do they want to cross over into racing. Most ladies I have taught are appreciative of becoming more confident and skilled at handling their bikes on the dirt, however often they are intimidated in pushing themselves past their comfort zone into the racing environment due to a number of deterring factors. It is my hope to encourage everyday ladies to 'have a go' challenge yourself in a fun, competitive environment.

Attachments

I cant wait! I'm in training already! couple of spin classes a week - not much riding though thanks to the rain :( our local trails are mud pits!

mcray

Likes Bikes
Dirt de Femme - NEW DATE Sunday, 1st April

Dear All

It is with much regret I have to inform you that this weekend's Dirt de Femme has been cancelled.

At 4:15pm today I received a phone call from TAMS or Parks and Conservation to inform me they have revoked our permit to hold the Dirt de Femme event at Majura Pines due to the weather. They based this decision on the expected forecast for the next week. Unfortunately I have no say in this decision and must comply. From an organising point they have done the correct thing in letting myself and other Canberra event organisers know so we can take immediate action.

I am still genuinely disappointed, as I and the DdF team, have really enjoyed bring this inaugural event together. I'm sure you can recognise how disappointed everyone involved is at the moment. For those involved with the Liv/Giant Demo day, they too have been contacted by TAMS and had their event canceled, apparently this decision applies to all events held in ACT Parks. Please know that my team and I have worked diligently to bring you an event that will be full of fun, frivolity good humor and most importantly an enjoyable experience. At this late hour of organising an event there are a number of sponsors and stakeholders who have already committed their dollars, product, time and energy. So..... NEW DATE: Sunday, 1st April.

The new event date ....... Sunday, 1st April 2012. You now have an extra 33 days to train and be ready. And this give us 33 extra days to get more 'stuff' organised...