Dirt Jumper 3 mod

milne

Likes Dirt
hey, ive heard about the dirt jumper 3 mod that makes then a whole lot beter :p not that they arnt already:rolleyes: (coff)
So i was wondering if any one out there knows how to do it or what is involved or even if you have done it yourself.

Please share your info, im looking into modding a pair of 2003 Dirt Jumper 3's

thanks,
milne

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
milne said:
hey, ive heard about the dirt jumper 3 mod that makes then a whole lot beter :p not that they arnt already:rolleyes: (coff)
So i was wondering if any one out there knows how to do it or what is involved or even if you have done it yourself.

Please share your info, im looking into modding a pair of 2003 Dirt Jumper 3's

thanks,
milne
Can you be more specific about what mod you were planning on doing? I have removed the coils from mine to save a bit of weight and in my opinion, made the damping feel better by being more open and active.

I have found no bad side effects since then except that I've since cracked my crown and now need that to be replaced.

You should be able to find more details here

Hope that helpded
---Matt---

Juls

Junior Marzocchi Tech
The issue I had with the dirt jumper 3's is they tend not to be consistant,
each fork is slightly different, and different settings work slightly different for each pair.

The few i played with I found the rebound was just way way too slow, the DJ2 is nice with it's internal rebound adjuster, but thats kinda useless if you don't get the original marzocchi tool with the fork.

I think really, what i need to know is what kind of feel to you plan to achieve, and how good are you with working on forks? changing oil ect?

fiddling with the damping settings by modifying the damper rods, can be a slow and timely process, and you can also destroy the damping of the fork in the process.

regards
Juls