dirt jumps tricks ??????

dirt rider

Likes Dirt
hey i am starting to get into tricks and i am not quit sure on when do you start taking bits off the bike

is it different to lippy jumps to not so lippy

if anyone can tell me when to start tricking ill be greatful

thanks

p.s. didnt find any related topics in the search

Last edited:

Dakwota

Likes Dirt
X-Up.

Good Beginner Trick.

Or...
One Hander.
No Hander.
One Footer.
No Footer.
Tailwhip.
Maybe Barspin.
Flatty.

Oh Yeah Incase you didn't know I was joking about the tailwhip :eek:

dirt rider

Likes Dirt
ok let me explain more clearly
i want to no when do you take your heand off or start doing you trick when you hit the jumps ??

at the peak hight
the second u get air

??????????????????

Dakwota

Likes Dirt
Oh sorry buddy my bad! :mad:

I'd say as soon as your stable in the air or feel comfortable.

Usually closer to the beginning of the jump.

Ryan

Radministrator
It's all about when you feel comfortable throwing the particular trick. When you start learning a trick you tend to throw it later (at, or even after the peak) because your brain spends 2/3 of the jump going "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, aieeeeeeeee...etc". Once you've landed the jump a few times and 'know' the movement, it's no longer scary to do the trick and you're able to start it earlier, this is what gives you the time to get things tweaked/clicked and to do combos.

HYOSHIMO

Straight up emo gangsta
nah man, when doing no handers or one handers you gotta take your hand off before you are off the bicycle stunt jump, so then you look fully rad and you can do the tricks you see in "SNAP-how to dirt jump"

or then again you could just jump and do/try the tricks you want instead of coming online, pussy footing around actual attempting of tricks.

bulllet

Banned
I would say try the tricks near the ramp, but it also has to do with you. When do you feel comfortable trying these tricks? Are you ready? The only way to get your confidence is to try, 9/10 times you will probably land them. But as for timing, just do what feels good for you, even if you start by doing a "smaller" version of the trick and practising that.

Hope this could help and good luck dude,
Bulllet

bomber1

Banned
Ryan said:
Wow, helpful comment HYOSHIMO, fuck off for a week.
if your going to be an administrator you should atleast pracitice what you preach. swearing is just so immature. i thought you were cool man.

mitch_dmr

Likes Dirt
If you're wanting to know some tricks to do in the air for a start then x-ups, flattys, tabletops, 1 footers, no footers, 1 foot can can's are all very basic tricks and easy to learn. As for when to do them, its when you feel comfortable and stable in the air. i prefer to get the trick started on my way up in the airor when im at peak height. good luck with the DJ'ing.

cheese

Likes Dirt
Ryan said:
Wow, helpful comment HYOSHIMO, fuck off for a week.
Ahh man, smartass admin post makes my morning.

Dirt rider, I start my "throw off limb" tricks when im almost at the apex, and "move bike around in air" trick pretty much as soon as possible. With whips it even helps to hit the lip at a slight angle.

Dim

Spirit Distributions
bomber1 said:
if your going to be an administrator you should atleast pracitice what you preach. swearing is just so immature. i thought you were cool man.
Dude its his forums, he can do whatever the fuck he wants

On the topic, its pritty much whenever you feel stable, not to late though ;) Its always hard going for something new, but when you do it you think "shit that was easy" well at least sometimes

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
i know what u mean bout trying trick late. i started doin 1 handers and no-footers a week ago. i still do them once i'm already up. haha. stupid me. i ended up almost doin a superman when i tried a no-footer after gettin the dailed. i ended up landing with my shins on the seat/top tube. haha

slared

Banned
i have always found that when im doing trick the earlier i start the trick the more time i have to complete it and therefor feel more comftable doing it. also i find with tricks like whips the earlier u start them the bigger its going to be even with nofooted-cans and that type of thing the more time u have the more extended u will be able to make them.