Dirt Works 100 Price Index

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Yup, I decided to just go the refund option when I decided to pull out last week... I was looking at the available supply and figured I'd take the guaranteed $20 loss rather than chance the market :)

Its a consequence of the long time between entries opening and the actual race (not to mention how hard they are to get in the first place recently!). Easier to enter and then pull out later... (sorry promoters... this is where we've gotten to...)

toby

Likes Dirt
I guess this means I should sell my Capital Punishment entry now rather than waiting a few weeks for the price to drop?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Capital Punishment stocks have been under performing apart from breif period for those who got in on the initial offer.

You could have done well over the last two years on speculative training on CP Futures

Mick01

Likes Bikes
Someone should set up a trading exchange to promote liquidity and efficiency of the market.

I propose the Australian Enduro Entries Exchange (AEEE) with the single speed version... ASSEEE

mick

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Capital Punishment stocks have been under performing apart from breif period for those who got in on the initial offer.

You could have done well over the last two years on speculative training on CP Futures
Have we seen the height of the Enduro bubble then? Resale of Fling entries remained consistantly high right up to race day?

it's not uncommon to see the resale value go up immediately after an Initial Public Offering. The risk is catching peak before interest wanes.

Cheers
Spoonie

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Well we have seen an increase in mug punters getting involved. Always a sure sign the boom is at or near the peak!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Someone should set up a trading exchange to promote liquidity and efficiency of the market.
Nah then the promoters will want back in to take their cut and effectively kill the Race Entry free-market.

A lot of sellers are missing out on an opportunity by asking for money, best return I ever got was on an entry for prize deal. Gave an elite rider an entry on the condition I got the prize swchag he got the trophy, ROI was around 500%. Elite riders are notorious lazy when it comes to knowing which events are on and when entries open so EFP deals are easy to pick up. Sure the risk can be high but so can be the returns.

HillBilly

Likes Bikes
Nah then the promoters will want back in to take their cut and effectively kill the Race Entry free-market.

A lot of sellers are missing out on an opportunity by asking for money, best return I ever got was on an entry for prize deal. Gave an elite rider an entry on the condition I got the prize swchag he got the trophy, ROI was around 500%. Elite riders are notorious lazy when it comes to knowing which events are on and when entries open so EFP deals are easy to pick up. Sure the risk can be high but so can be the returns.
For someone who works in Consumer Products - you'd make a decent Investment Banker!

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Have we seen the height of the Enduro bubble then? Resale of Fling entries remained consistantly high right up to race day?

it's not uncommon to see the resale value go up immediately after an Initial Public Offering. The risk is catching peak before interest wanes.

Cheers
Spoonie
Depends on the race - whether it's a 'blue chip' race, ala Fling, or a 'start-up', ala Capital Punishment. Those races with the pedigree and prestige will always command a premium over those newer races that just don't quite have the pedigree or following yet.

I'd consider races like the Fling, DW100 (Victorian and NSW), Otway Odyssey and Flight Centre Epic as your 'blue-chip' races - maybe even include the Angry Doctor in there too. All other races are yet to prove themselves and earn that status...

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
The Flight Centre Epic might be old money but it's seen better days.
I did it when it was the mega Epic... two 100km rides back to back. That was awesome but for just the Epic... not worth the hassle (although coming down Razorback and hitting gravel at 90km/hr does rate as one of the most sphincter tightening experiences I've had on a bike!)

Noosa Enduro... much better option for a trip North (need to pack your climbing legs though)