Dirt Works NSW 100K 2010

BT180

Max Pfaff
Entries are open!

I’ve entered my first DW 100K. I did the 50K this year.

Funny how there’s been no talk about it until now. No-one wanted the word to get out and crash the registration system!

Last edited:

Markymark188

Likes Dirt
I'm in ... paid up... registered done!

Third crack at this baby.. sub five this year for sure (5.04 in 2009 - damn it)!

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
I've edited the title to specify the NSW version seeing as the old BMC 100 Classic is now also the Dirtworks 100K (VIC).

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
in for another bash at the 100km, after 2 years. hoping for some time improvement down into the 6hrs.

on a side note, what is with all the optional extras? Jerseys and GU I understand, but sneakers and sunglasses? seems a bit odd.

Can't wait for the race, time to start training.

dr_rob

Likes Dirt
Entered! First time at this event.

How does it compare with the Fling, as far as terrain (loose/rocky/muddy), climbing, etc? I saw the course profile, looks like two big climbs.

Long time course between entry and the date. Hopefully I'll have some decent legs by then.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rocky and sandy, with some sandy rocky sections. The first 2/3rds is sandstone, then a run along the roads, then up along a open sandy fire trail and back down.

Not as undulating as the Fling, and the fireroad is pretty overgrown and fun for the most part. Certainly more technical than anything on the Fling, but not overly hard in that way (but that said, I've ridden out there a bit).

The second climb and ridgeline can be soul destroying if it is warm.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Rocky and sandy, with some sandy rocky sections. The first 2/3rds is sandstone, then a run along the roads, then up along a open sandy fire trail and back down.
Be a good chance for someone to test their newish Pug under race conditions... :p

gixer7

Likes Dirt
speaking of aging... my first race entry as a "vet". Just when I was starting to get towards the pointy end of "open"

Cheers
Spoon
Vets is where the real action happens anyway!

In for 100km - after bailing this year kinda looking forward to it again.

gazzaed

Likes Dirt
No Double Centurion this year which is dissapointing, I was keen to give it a go. I see they will be offering something "special" for doing both events but it remains to be seen if that is more than a keyring etc. Anyone want to make a bet on when it sells out? Im sure theres a lot of people who missed out on the fling who will be making sure they dont miss out this time around!