DirtTV: Fort William World Cup Handlebar Width

Steepy

Likes Dirt
All the narrow shouldered kids out there running 800mm bars might find this video useful.

[video]http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/DirtTV-Fort-William-World-Cup-Handlebar-Width,2707/bturman,109[/video]

adman

Likes Dirt
Interesting...

Lots of people running under 760 which I would have thought was pretty standard.

Brendan was hellarious.

And where can I get some yak handlebars? 2000mm would be handy!

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
750-760mm seems to be as what most people are running and that is on a very fast and wide open track so they must purely be going that length for feel and not risk of hitting tree's as there weren't many at that track.

O and regarding Greg Minaar having his bars at 758mm. Do you really think he would be able to tell the difference of them over 760's if his mechanic just left them at that. I realise he is at the top of his sport but really?

Red.

Likes Dirt
750-760mm seems to be as what most people are running and that is on a very fast and wide open track so they must purely be going that length for feel and not risk of hitting tree's as there weren't many at that track.

O and regarding Greg Minaar having his bars at 758mm. Do you really think he would be able to tell the difference of them over 760's if his mechanic just left them at that. I realise he is at the top of his sport but really?
I could tell a big difference from 760s to 790 give or take.
I could ride rock gardans just a bit better and smash berms harder. and it made my bike feel that little bit better.