Dirty Deeds Urban Cyclocross Series 2011

Big JD

Wheel size expert
it was a great event

My kids and I loved it and would like to have a crack one day. Terrific event folks - well done.

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
Here is an edit of some of the footage I captured on the day.

[video=youtube;wEOrifMqZu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEOrifMqZu0[/video]

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
while i love the clip, i don't love the soundtrack. next time choose a song without homophobia.
I didn't even realise it said the "Faggot" part, I just chose the song cause of the BPM in itunes lol, I guess I will choose a better song that can be appreciated by a wider audience next time.

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
Will be there with bell's on!

It was a fun as day for the first race, and if the river crossing is going ahead this race will be even better to watch!

I'll be filming with intention on good shots this time too =)

And my mate Lewis Rattray might be wearing my GoPro on his chest for the race.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
+1 competed in her first cross race yesterday and had a ball.

Slept in the car most of the way home and commented on how tired you could get while only riding 9KM

Thanks to Brunswick Cycling Club for a fun day - and the mountain bike vibe in the crowd :p

Will see you at the next round

Roland

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
one week til the last one, folks. will be a whole mess of mud, grass, historic velodrome and carnage. we're all going to have to take monday off work.

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
One of our major sponsors, the Fitzroy Revolution, have come up with a most righteous plan. Each sponsor gets two compo rider spots, and the Revolution have one spare. Instead of letting this free ride go wanting, they have decided to offer it to the general public in a Random Rider competition*. And, to sweeten the deal, the chosen rider will also receive a Revolution kit, and be treated to all the benefits of a supported rider on the day (which mostly entails some bike prep, patting DC's dog, and being abused by Sean The Man).

All you have to do in order to be thusly rewarded is head over to the Fitzroy Revolution Facebook Page and post on their wall the biggest soppiest most pathetic reasons why you should be nominated for their free spot. Imaginary dead grandparents (or hell, real dead grandparents), fires and floods and sweeping rains, being trapped in your parents' house in Sydney for ten hours with a fake bomb strapped around your neck... it's all fair game. The Random Rider will be chosen at 5pm on Thursday, and will have to swing by the store to get all kitted out on Friday. So, put on your favourite Dirty Three record and get sobbing.

The Revolution will also be bringing down a version of the bike they are giving away for the "Attitude Award". I kinda want to win this. I got heaps of attitude! It says so on every single one of my school report cards!

*You still need to either have or purchase your own Cycling Victoria licence.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Colac city cyclocross

Apologies to Brendan and the Brunswick Cycle Club for the thread piggy-back.

In the spirit of Dirty Deeds, Forrest MTB Club has planned a cyclocross race in Colac on Sunday October 16.

All you need is a bike and an MTBA licence, (we can supply a licence for $20 if you don't have one).

Open, junior and CX races.

Regards

Roland

Last edited: