Dirty jumpers the first

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm, k, well i sorta broke my 03 dj1s today, bailed a roadgap. Ive aparantly snapped the plastic retainers that hold the damping rods on to the forks. Has anyone on here had to deal with this problem, and how much did it cost to fix up?

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
god man that sux... didnt u flat spot ure brand new rim not long ago aswel??

maybe u can claim on warranty?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmm, the shops going to try for warranty for me, coz theres no external markings on the fork.
And yep, jays i did destroy a wheel not long ago, and i destroyed the replacement today aswell.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
shmity said:
hmm, the shops going to try for warranty for me, coz theres no external markings on the fork.
And yep, jays i did destroy a wheel not long ago, and i destroyed the replacement today aswell.
damn!

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well id prefer a 10 buck piece of plastic to brake, than my stanchions and steerer tube to eat it and cost me 300 bux.

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
hey schmit, which plastic rod retainer thingys?..u mean the reboutn ajuster area...if so i had the sam thing happen to mine, and yeah i wrote down what happened, sent a copy of my receipt, and clamed warrently and had my forks back with in a week

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nah, tisn't the rebound adjuster, its what keeps the damping rods where they should be and the lowers attached to the uppers, i can pull the stanchions out of the legs.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is -exactly- what happened to me. I take it you broke both of them? It's from not running enough air pressure in your forks.

I didn't get warranty, and I work in a bike shop...it cost me almost $200 for replacement cartridges at cost price, so it's not going to be cheap for you.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmm, pitty theres nothing in the marzocchi manual about minimum air pressures in air assist forks.

dick

Likes Dirt
fastrider gus said:
air=crap.... stick with the good 'ol oil and springs..
they are oil and springs.
its just where theres a bit of air above the oil like normal, u can pump more into to increase the pressure.