disc break noise

puddles

Likes Bikes
hi there i own a shougun rhythm that i have up graded, i run a single speed kit and only a rear disc break. its hard to explain so forgive me if im wrong but when i pedal quick the calaper rubs on the disc and makes a realy bad sound . please advise me on what to do. many thanks Tim

cdfeto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only when you pedal kick? Are you running QR on the rear?

All I can think of is that you're putting more pressure then usual on the back wheel, causing the QR axle (if thats the case) to bend and the rotor to move into the caliper.

Check the pads (worn down?), check the rotor (warped?), check the caliper (pads no in properly?), what brakes are on the bike?

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
Sounds like you got some flex happening there ,whether its in the frame, wheel or disc ,its hard to say without seeing it and riding it .The first thing to do is to check the qr is done up tight as you can,then check the rotor for warping.Put a cable tie on the chain stay next to the disc and cut it so that the end is close to the disc.That will give you a visual reference to check warpage.If it s the frame I got no clue.... Buy an stp?;)
cheers jon

puddles

Likes Bikes
ih there i bought some second hand ydopen of bill from dhdirect and yeh qr on the rear but how can i fix the flex or cant i cheers tim

cdfeto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you sure the problem is coming from the axle? If so, you should be able to get a bolt-on axle for your hub, which isn't hollow = stronger.

What hub do you have at the back?

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check your frame for cracks in the rear end also, that could be the reason for the extra flex casue it was for me.