DIY frame repairs (step aside Gripsport!)

s73v30

Likes Dirt
meh what's the problem? Would have used duct tape and zip ties personally far more structural then a screw.

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
Super glue would be much more effective and when it dries it clear!So you wont even know:rolleyes:

haha you cracked your frame;)

takai

Eats Squid
Ive seen that done (and worse) to a frame at a 24hr race. They figured that they would just get someone to weld it up later, so popped a M8x80mm bolt through it, and got on with the job of riding.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apparently it was done the day before a 6hr race, and it lasted the distance!
That weld has a huge amount of stress on it, more than most bikes due to the relaxed seat angle and suspension design. Makes a heap of noise, but it works :cool:
Not my bike by the way, just posting for laughs.

karl_eller

Likes Bikes
Apparently it was done the day before a 6hr race, and it lasted the distance!
That weld has a huge amount of stress on it, more than most bikes due to the relaxed seat angle and suspension design. Makes a heap of noise, but it works :cool:
Not my bike by the way, just posting for laughs.
Actually it was done during a 10-hour a few weeks back, and from what I heard it held up.

Same break, other side:

Eller

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Love it! Wrong on more levels than I have time to list, but I love it!

Guess we should just close up shop now that a DIY fix has been exposed to the public. :)

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, Grip - all that 'pretend' welding stuff you do is really just a cover for screws (and possibly other fixes), hey?! :D
All I can say is he's a brave chappie when the family jewels are just inches away from sheared metal and a decent sized screw...(no pun intended!)

Tallman

Likes Dirt
Hmmmmmmm! Good idea until you lower your arse back behind the seat, then catch your nutbag on the screw!

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
stuff welding it!

id say that would be hell stronger anyways...

Not really, that thing is a hazard to the rider, and the people around the rider...