DIY remote lockout Fox 32 RLC

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Hey Burners! I'm too clumsy to be reaching down to make adjustments while riding resulting in riding technical sections with half lock, and the uphill bits with half lock or full open.

I've checked out the products on offer, and they sure is pretty but dang sure is expensive too. So I decided I'm going to make one. I've ordered my poploc, and started fishing around for bits and pieces and researching on the interwebz.

Has anyone tried this?

Last edited:

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Progress

thanks slammed for the tip. One thing it has shown me is that there isn't a lot going on for RLC, which I have.
I have figured out a bracket setup that doesn't interfere with the low speed compression dial, once i take a mil off the bottom. The pain is that because of the keyway of the low speed compression dial, I can't shove an internal circlip in the housing to have a torsion spring gain purchase on, to return the lockout lever. I've seen some pics with a tension spring on the outside so looks like I am going that avenue.

Has anyone tried this with RLC?

brendonj

Likes Dirt
Won't help with the connection on top of the fork, but I have used an old Shimano SIS gear shifter instead of the pock loc leaver on the bars. Actually find it better and much cheaper.