DJ helmet ??? and Australian websites that sell them.

glen

MV Australia
new BERN

ive been waiting for these guys "BERN" to hit aussie, i think they will be in the marketplace soon. the new BERN range, pretty funky www.bernindustries.com
they are a snowboard/mtb/bmx/wakeboard/freestyle lid, with winter/summer inserts PLUS some with audio/ipod connections, they sponsor some freestylers in the states and are huge in europe, different to the generic protec stuff, see what you rekon, i get mine in a couple of weeks.

puddles

Likes Bikes
i just bought a ryan guettler ace signiture helmet looks sweet as and is realy light 90 bucks it will set you back cheers Tim

Attachments

mr.nic

Cannon Fodder
regarding protec, what is the difference between the ace and b2 bike styles? they all seem to use that new sxp technology now and have hard foam. are they for difference types of protection because of their shape?

where can you buy pro-tec protec helmet in melbourne? i live in fitzroy and the two bike shops here dont stock them.

Last edited:

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Protec...

Yeah I just did research a few weeks ago on this sorta thing, I found, to whomever said the thing about cracking hard helmets so it isn't as good for protection,

The hard lining does take quite a lot of force out of the impact, however they are only designed for hits up to a certain force,

Apparently, at the point at which the hard lining cracks and shatters, the impact reduction is dramatically reduced, therefore losing almost all of the impact protection.

I decided to go and buy a Pro-tec helmet, and I looked for the bike range(I expect they have better padding, mabye even regulation standard) however it is very hard to find, so I settled for the ace skate.:)

It is quite a nice helmet, fits very well (providing you actually try out sizes and find the RIGHT ONE) and very snug, very light and coming from a hard shell helmet, feels like a dream, no more slopping around on the head.

I forget I am wearing one now, then remember and feel happy about my investment. $70 :)

On the subject of helmets with earphones/speakers
I have tried riding with earphones, and ESPECIALLY on the street/road they prove to be VERY dangerous. I primarily use my hearing as a sensor, not so much my vision to know if cars are present or not, so when I am listening to music, all my safety towards cars(in particular) dissapears. As soon as I was nearly run over, I decided to never wear earphones while riding again.
EVER.

When snowboarding however, I don't mind as much, I tend to use trails with few people on them , so by all means buy a snow helmet(If your into snowboarding/skiing that is)
But please dont listen to music while riding.

So go ahead, buy a protec helmet.:D

If anyone has a bike series Protec, could you tell me if they comply with regulations, or have more/better padding etc, just learning the diffferences).;)

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, sir......
But what if I'm riding in the bush? No probs riding with music! I stuff Ipod in pak and jam in ff when doing Dh runs and love it.

You clearly mean near cars, and I am just pulling your chain;)

Ride the Mace Trigger Solo with 1/8th input, and you'll find the sound is in your head, rather than in your ears. The speakers are positioned so that you can still hear everything else 100% crystal.

$60 retail too!:D

Leefy

Likes Dirt
hey

does anyone know bout the 661 open face?? im looking for one but dont know where to get it..and a figure on how much they cost??