DJ Trail Log [Adelaide Trails]

H-DOG

Likes Dirt
Ok, so me, my brother and a few of our friends have recently been building some dj trails and thought it was about time to put a thread up for them.

At the moment we have our run-in, the second, third role-over and berm completed. we are now working on the first and the step-up after the berm.

We currently have 6 builders

So far we have been working on them for three or four days just working mainly in the morning because of the heat, the dirt has been there for about 6 months.

Well here they are we hope you like them and we will keep you updated on the progess of the trails. Constructive criticism would be much appreciated.

just after we finished the third^

the berm before we changed it and the roll-over when we thought it was going to be a jump^

second downramp looking onto third and berm

^^Main Jump line,little jumps on the left are now destroyed and are being used as dirt for the new first jump.

^^First downramp onto second and berm, as you can see on the right we have a lot of spare dirt to shift but most of that will be used for a big step up after the berm and some pedalling room leading on to another couple of jumps in a line.

^^jumps in a line

the new and improved/watered down berm and role-over^

^^third and second with carpet on down ramps, in the background where the crate is will be the new first jump and that is the downramp in construction. Now there are 2 crates and the downramp is half finished(will have pics on that tomorrow)

We will have more pics of our progress over the next few weeks and from some different angles.

Last edited:

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
nice work look good...

one question why did you get the dirt from??? you digging or were they just pile's of dirt dumped there?

H-DOG

Likes Dirt
nice work look good...

one question why did you get the dirt from??? you digging or were they just pile's of dirt dumped there?
Surprsingly the council helped us out with these. (one of the counil being an ex motorbike rider) They were levelling and clearing out land in vacant blocks nearby and said that they would dump dirt here for us to make jumps out of. So all we have to do is shift dirt and we've still got about half of it left.

H-DOG

Likes Dirt
yer we went back to these because our other jumps(river dirt jumps) which we had rebuilt much bigger got destroyed and whoever destroyed them took 2 shovels and a pick so we decided to move to these where the dirt was.

H-DOG

Likes Dirt
i wouldn't call it private because its on council owned land and the council are supporting these and letting them stay there. The only thing they said they will be angry at is if we cut down any trees or litter which we don't.

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lucky my council rip down everything we build. The jumps look sweet would love to do that berm.

H-DOG

Likes Dirt
Today while i was at work the boys got the first down ramp finished and did some work on the top berm. Cheers for that boys.

Me, Ollie and Jono will be building tomorrow and we should have new pics up tomorrow night.
Over and out

kona nut

Likes Dirt
yeh that berm is sick

what did u say to the council to get them to dump the dirt and allow u to build there?

coz my local council has started putting up signs in the local bushland near my area threatening to prosecute us for the damage we have caused for the downhill track weve made, however they have said, call us and well be happy to arrange a spot. So we did, the number was wrong! they said this department no longer existed grrr

cheers Liam

H-DOG

Likes Dirt
yeh that berm is sick

what did u say to the council to get them to dump the dirt and allow u to build there?

coz my local council has started putting up signs in the local bushland near my area threatening to prosecute us for the damage we have caused for the downhill track weve made, however they have said, call us and well be happy to arrange a spot. So we did, the number was wrong! they said this department no longer existed grrr

cheers Liam
Well the council dumped dirt there and then we just started shaping the dirt so it had a lip and a down ramp and then the council saw that we were making dj's and the council workers are hell chilled, so they dumped more dirt for us and we started getting more serious about them and we have started to build them into a proper line of doubles.

H-DOG

Likes Dirt
*****Ok, lately some of our builders have been debating over which line we should make. We have narrowed it down to two lines but still cant come two an agreement on which one to take.*****

*The first option is two make the three jumps that we have then the roller then the berm all of which we already have, and then after the berm have another roller, a big step up then a hip or another double.
*The second option is to have the first three jumps that we have then a roller then demolish the berm and make another jump, and possibly one more after that.

pro's and con's of the options.
*More veriation in option 1.
*Option 1 leads back two the start.
*Hard two shift all the dirt to the back of the jumps for option 2.
*Option 2 is same outcome as option 1 but with alot more work.
*Option 2 would involve demolition berm which is so fun to ride and adds veriation to the jumps.
*Option 2 has abit more flow.

*Thanks guys would love to hear what you think and which line would be the best.

here is a drawing showing both options

tim_d

Likes Dirt
i would say option 1 for sure. you dont have to demolish the berm and isn't the dirt already in the right spot for making the step-up??
from the list of pros and cons there is alot more for option one than option 2...
whichever way you do it im sure itll be sweet but sounds like option 1 is a much better option to me...:rolleyes:

lomba

Squid
R we going to have a building day?????????? if so tell me im not doin anythin these holidays.
Cheers

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
i'd choose option 1...like what tim_d sayed the dirt looks to be in the right spot for the step up....but it's up to you and your mates to come to some agreement

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
go option one, every one likes a good berm, and it adds a bit of diversity. also means less walking/riding back to the start.

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome jumps. It's good that the council are letting/helping you build them. Also go option one.

lomba

Squid
Adelaide. along the river torrens but im not going to give away to much information just in case someone in our roup wants to keep them secret.