DMR/Banshee/Cove

Which one?

• Total voters

Mommers

Likes Dirt
hello,

As in the next few months im getting a new frame to put my current specs on.

Having a tough choice between.

DMR Switchback - $635
Cove Handjob XC - $1050
Banshee Scirocco - $1000ish

A 100mm fork will be used. The DMR site reccommend a 120mm fork for the DMR. Will a 100mm fork make the bike too steep?

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
I'd say the cove for sure out of the ones you have there- steel is real. Maybe also have a look at the salsa, which i'm told is amazing.

Jordy

RYD4LF
Daver said:
I'd say the cove for sure out of the ones you have there- steel is real. Maybe also have a look at the salsa, which i'm told is amazing.
isnt the dmr steel ?

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Jordy said:
Daver said:
isnt the dmr steel ?
yeah it is, but it doesn't seem as exotic and nice as the cove or the salsa

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
the DMR is more of a do everything bike. I think the cove would be the best option for XC.

floody

Wheel size expert
Cove.
The local bike shop owner here has one as his personal ride, its a beautifully made thing and has that wonderful steel feel -which the aluminium Banshee won't have (not taking anything away from the Banshee though, but I just luuuuurve the ride of a good steel bike).
As for the DMR, its just not so nice as the hand made Cove.
If you like the harsher, snappy feel of an aluminium frame, get the banshee, if you are into the classical springy liveliness of a sweet steel frame, go the Cove.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Don't forget the Switchback is the Reynolds 520 frame, so it's a little more exotic than say ye ol' trailstar.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would go the COVE they are sooooo nice personally DMR and banshee have been sold out over here there aint that many COVE's :wink:

Rhys

6UL DV8

Likes Bikes
Steel for sure.Aluminium is just a lame lane we got led down by the manufacturers. The DMR trailstar I had was maybee a bit overbuilt and had a harsh ride. Depends a bit on what you want to use it for.

wombat

Lives in a hole
6UL DV8 said:
Steel for sure.Aluminium is just a lame lane we got led down by the manufacturers.
It's good to see that you're no longer being led around by the nose by marketers.

Rik

logged out
Ride_Guy said:
personally DMR and banshee have been sold out over here there
Heh, by DMR being "sold out" you mean "are very popular as they offer a great bike for a very good price"? There's a reason for their popularity, you know ;)

Personally, for the dollars I'd take a Switchback, but if I was after something a little bit wankier, I'd go the Handjob just for the sake of pose value. The DMR seems a bit more versatile, sure they reccomend a 120mm fork, but it'll be fairly sharp and zippy through tight stuff with a 100mm fork... only a smallish difference there anyway.

MrPlow

TMBC
I would go Cove. If nothing else just because Adam the importer (MrCove here on Farkin) is a great guy. Get this. I bought a 2nd hand set of raceface prodigy DH of him for $150.00 :shock: Complete with double chainrings (new) and Raceface bashy and Raceface ISIS Bottom bracket :shock: :shock:

He delivered COD pronto, but then when my lbs installed it they said a bearing in the BB was suss, I thought "baah, still got a bargain" but I contacted adam anyway, more to ask if he had another BB. His response was a new FREE BB, sent to me in the post the next day! 8) He had absolutely no obligation to do so, as it was all 2nd hand anyway.

So buy a COVE COVE COVE COVE COVE COVE COVE !!!!!

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do I really need to voice my opinion? You wont be disapointed with the Cove, it's a beautiful piece of work; which I'm told will last ages, it looks like it will too... STEEL IS REAL!

The Banshee looks way over-built for XC/Trail purposes, and the DMR would take the award for value for money, I especially love the Ti paint job :wink: The Cove in my book is the winner, add that Adam is an alround great guy... GO BUY ONE NOW!

Mommers

Likes Dirt
yeah...its definatly out of the DMR or Cove now.....just figuring out if i can save the money up for the Cove.

&

Likes Dirt
Steel is Real. Spanner in the works. What about a Balfa Minute Man or even better but probably way to expensive a CURTIS yeh baby.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wait a few weeks and get yourself a 24-bicycles frame... they just got a new distributor in Oz (hush hush).

wombat

Lives in a hole
& said:
Steel is Real. Spanner in the works. What about a Balfa Minute Man or even better but probably way to expensive a CURTIS yeh baby.
Because judging by the other frames he's looking at he's after a trail/xc bike, not a dj/freeride rig :wink: .