DMR v8 pedals

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok, got me some new DMR v8 pedals today, go them home and went to put grease in teh right pedal but hte plug for the grease port has be burred out prior to my purchase. I am going to take it back into the shop tommorow and see what hte boys say but, Is there a way to open them up to give them some grease and if so, how?

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok u take of the cap at the end of the pedal, get a sockey and undo the nut, take out the washer then get plyier and undo the next nut, this is becuase a socket dont fit down this far. As your doing this the pedal will start to loosen up watch out for the bearings as they are loose and not caged, now u can take the platform off if u wish and regrease, but u dont really have to take the whole thing off, it just depends on what uare using to grease the predals, in ur case u would be using the little grease gun? u got with the pedals thenif so, u can get that in the tight places so thers no need to go so far to taking the platform off, just look out for the bearings becuase tey can go everywhere.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
try getting a quickout tool into th burred hole.
if you use a slightly larger size than th allen key, and it isn't in to tight, it should come out ok.
then just replace the grub screw with new ones.
thats what the shop will probably do anyways.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Ride_Guy said:
Ok u take of the cap at the end of the pedal, get a sockey and undo the nut, take out the washer then get plyier and undo the next nut, this is becuase a socket dont fit down this far. As your doing this the pedal will start to loosen up watch out for the bearings as they are loose and not caged, now u can take the platform off if u wish and regrease, but u dont really have to take the whole thing off, it just depends on what uare using to grease the predals, in ur case u would be using the little grease gun? u got with the pedals thenif so, u can get that in the tight places so thers no need to go so far to taking the platform off, just look out for the bearings becuase tey can go everywhere.
No, V8's have a grub screw in the middle of the pedal body, the idea being that you can take out the screw and squirt some grease in with a syringe, saving you the trouble of stripping down the pedal in the normal way.
Turley, what do you mean by "burred out"? Do you mean the head of the screw has been rounded out? Or that there is a burr on the hole which is stopping the screw from coming out? Either way, the pedals come pre-greased (but often mal-adjusted) so greasing them straight up shouldn't be a priority.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok, I checked them out again after uni today and I grabbed a different allen key which is just a fraction larger. It worked a charm and dont' have any problems with them now. They are great pedals, had 3 and a half hour of runs this arvo and I now have more problems finding the right position for my foot then my foot slipping out of the right position :)