Do I play God and kill three Fox puppies?

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Though misguided, Ben rides a bike is at least standing up for what he sees as right. Moral character is sadly lacking these days, good on ya mate. Fight the power.
I tried, but if others have their own opinion, and if its what there going to do, i wont be able to stop the personally will i ? So, go with what your going do to, i spouse, it your problem with the fox's, not mine.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
You are deluding yourself if you believe that saving a fox in this circumstance is displaying moral character.

Fox hunting on horseback in Britain = cruel sport.
Killing feral foxes in Australia humanely = preservation of wildlife.

downhillar

Likes Dirt
killing something by:
- drowing
- feeding them plant poison
- leaving them in a plastic bag on a hot tin roof

is fucked up, and if you can't understand why then you're fucked up too.

if you could hold them still somehow and wack them in the head with a bat it would be a pretty quick death for them, and if they didn't die from the first blow they'd definately be unconscious.

anyway surely wires or the council would have some capability to do this stuff for free?

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lethabarb injection is the best way, all vets have access to it as well as RSPCA and all those groups. Humane and painless anaesthetic followed by Lethabarb is what is used on feral kittens.

zanus

Likes Dirt
Give them to the Japanese. From what i've heard, they eat anything. At least they'd go to good use.

fairy1

Banned
You can use an Oxy bottle too, it will just speed their heart up til it goes pop, some people seem to think car exhausts are a good way to end the day so it can't be too bad otherwise they would stop and find a better way.

EDIT- Wow seven pages and it hasn't been locked, where are all the rednecks?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
car exhausts ... presuming you rig them direct to the exhaust as opposed to letting the garage fill with fumes ... actually burns their lungs out ...

This is what the RSPCA state as a warning to those trying to cull out Indian Myna birds in urban areas.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
car exhausts ... presuming you rig them direct to the exhaust as opposed to letting the garage fill with fumes ... actually burns their lungs out ...

This is what the RSPCA state as a warning to those trying to cull out Indian Myna birds in urban areas.
Hence why I stated the "cooling it" theory. That I'm not sure how to do.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 for NOT poisoning them with a herbicide. Most commonly available herbicides (roundup/weed master) have a fucking low LD50 and it would just be plain cruel to poison them with it.

As suggested before I'd clout them with a bat/shovel if the use of a rifle is not an option.

I like sxereturn's ideas on this. A wildlife advocate who's willing to do what's necessary to help preserve native fauna even if it may be a little bit testing at times.

Without taking this thread waaaay off-topic I find the hypocrisy which some are displaying quite amusing and I'm looking in Ben_rides_a_huffy's direction. Eat meat but have a massive issue with the killing of an introduced species? I think it's time you find out just where your meat is coming from.

*Just for the count, I eat meat and have no dramas with others doing so. It just gripes me when people eat meat blindly and criticise others before thinking about what's on their dinner plates

/rant.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just take it to the local vet and they'll do it painlessly for free? My mate had a fox get caught in his wheelie bin (in the middle of sydney). They wheeled it 10 mins down the street to the vet and the vet dealt with it.

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just go get a 20guage needle from the pharmacy. And some strong mix of Radiator coolant. Its basically the same chemical as what they inject to put animals to sleep.
(Only thing then is you Just have to convince your little sister to hold the cute baby fox still while you ram that huge steel spike into its neck.....)

Who cares how they are put to sleep.

Whats important, is what you can do with the Fox Tails when theyre offed! One for each end of your bars, one for your Helmet!!!!

bighitben

Likes Dirt
People are messed up if they are openly telling to drown them, gas them, etc... I mean sure they're pests but thats just plain cruel and inhumane. I couldn't bring myself to drown, gas or poison one, and i pity you if you can. Surely people have seen the fucked up videos of people drowning, setting on fire, or torturing animals and in my mind this would be no different even if it is a 'pest'.

Just take it to the local vet and they'll do it painlessly for free? My mate had a fox get caught in his wheelie bin (in the middle of sydney). They wheeled it 10 mins down the street to the vet and the vet dealt with it.
This is a good idea, but might not be so practical being in Jindabyne (not sure if theres a vet there?). If you really have to bring yourself to doing something about the problem and can't let a professional take care of it then shoot it like others suggested, it's still very bad but probabally the most painless if you get a good headshot.

Last edited:

Drew.

Eats Squid
killing something by:
- drowing
- feeding them plant poison
- leaving them in a plastic bag on a hot tin roof

is fucked up, and if you can't understand why then you're fucked up too.

if you could hold them still somehow and wack them in the head with a bat it would be a pretty quick death for them, and if they didn't die from the first blow they'd definately be unconscious.

anyway surely wires or the council would have some capability to do this stuff for free?
I still can't accept how people can be so relentless and barbaric.

They're pests, i'm sure everyone accepts that, but even as a pest they DESERVE a proper fairwell, it really is not their fault that their natural instincts lead them to be an inconvenience to us humans, but if we make the choice to kill them which i know is necessary, we can at least make the choice to fairwell them in a painless and respectful manor, not by torture! i.e euthanasia/gunshot to head.

Surely, SURELY, even in jindabyne there has to be some authorities that can help you out?? RSPCA, local veterinary clinic, what about even the local police? I can't believe that the council can setup a program giving the traps out but not offering an easy solution for the killing of caught animals, it's almost promoting cruelty to the animals.

It may not be any closure to helping you find a way to kill them, but i'm sure you know the right thing, don't kill them in a way that will make them suffer.

Matt H

Eats Squid
I thought even with cooling, that deaths from exhausts using cars with a catalytic converter were still long and painful?