Do I play God and kill three Fox puppies?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I found 3 Fox Puppies, I'm guessing about 12 weeks old.
I have a trap from the council that I guess I can trap one ata time. I'd have to kill them using the car exhaust.
Should I do it? They're in Native bushland, and will no doubt eat thousands of native animals alive, not to mention what their pups will do.
Is it legal for me to kill them this way?
If anyone has a .22 near Jindabyne, give me a PM. I got within meters of them.
They're really cute, and in an oblivius happy world. Picture telli tubbies.
There's also another older Fox near my house I could also catch/kill. Not sure if it has pups of it's own.
National parks won't do anything, as it's not in the parks. Council rented me the trap.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
If you have the bottle, and importantly ability to do it cleanly, competently and confidently, then you'd be doing the ecosystem a service for removing them. It's a small drop in the ocean though (but a big deal for the animals that'd be saved).

Not sure if I could or not - rather you than me... :(

fairy1

Banned
Get em in a bag tie it to the exhaust and trick someone else into starting the car, win win.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi mate,

Not only should you do it, but you have a duty to! Foxes are on par with cats in being the worst feral predators we have in Australia. I regularly shoot them.

Euthanising it with the car exhaust is cruel though. It does not have the calming effect that a lot of people think it does. If you want to gas it, use C02 in a sealed container. You can rig something up using a SodaStream canister, but obviously a rifle would be the best way.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think of all the cute little aussie live's you will saving.....

Might not be easy but i think it is best they go to a better place......

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Are you serious?! Of course you don't kill them!

Take them in, raise them as your army of the night and send them out to do your bidding.

Would have thought that was obvious....

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its the right thing to do Rod. Shit thing to have to do, but right.

Had a real green vegetarian friend who kept killing the dying kangaroos with crowbar every morning who had been hit by trucks during the night on roads like the Nullabor. Others would stand around wondering what to do while he did the job and felt horrible, especially when he got the bad looks like "you just killed australia's national symbol". Still he knew it was the right thing to do.

No Skid Marks

They'r cute little puppies I watched playing with each other.
The cage I have fits in a sulu wheely bin. How much CO2 would I need? How would I get the CO2 in the bin? It is heavier than air isn't it?
I'm in a country town, where do I get it?
Aparently cooling the car exhaust somehow is more humane. How could I do that? Run it through a bag of ice?
C'mon, someone with a gun PM me please.

No Skid Marks

I believe there are various professionals you could call..
Please PM me their numbers. I'm near Jindabyne.

Are you serious?! Of course you don't kill them!

Take them in, raise them as your army of the night and send them out to do your bidding.

Would have thought that was obvious....
I thought of filing their teeth and making them vegaterians.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pump some sausages with poision/whatever chemical you can find..

Or I believe there are various shooting services you can call.. Although that might set you back some quid..

Jindabyne you say? Capture them, throw them in the car and drive out to Dalgety pub and ask during happy hour for someone with a .22

Last edited:

Handles

Likes Bikes
Do the right thing and get rid of them. The best way I've found is to trap them, tie a rope to the trap. Throw the trap in the nearest deep water. Retrieve trap and dispose of the vermin. If you've seen what damage these bastards do, you will have no problems getting rid of them.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am surprised at the advocacy of cruelty on here. I love putting big round holes in foxes...but putting Round-Up in sausages and drowning them?! Come on guys, get with it.

Jindabyne should have lots of people with rifles. Even if you stick up a notice at the servo or something - I can't imagine anybody charging you for it.

brindog

Likes Dirt
Do the right thing and get rid of them. The best way I've found is to trap them, tie a rope to the trap. Throw the trap in the nearest deep water. Retrieve trap and dispose of the vermin. If you've seen what damage these bastards do, you will have no problems getting rid of them.
+ 1
drown them, its clean, quick, and easy.

another alternative, it to beat them to death with a pic handle, a couple of blows too the head should do the trick, finished a few cats that way, then got the jack russell to tear there throat out.
cruel but saving native wildlife.

No Skid Marks

I'll be doing it the least cruel way possible. I pitty anyone that can be cruel to any animal.
I'll ask the local guy at the petrol station who he knows. Stick up a note.

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I am surprised at the advocacy of cruelty on here. I love putting big round holes in foxes...but putting Round-Up in sausages and drowning them?! Come on guys, get with it.
This.

Poison isn't really a clean way to die, neither is drowning or gasing them. A nice clean shot to the head, they won't feel a thing, and it's quick.

Just ask around the pub or pin up a note somewhere, you'l find someone to do the deed.

Me and my old man would be more than happy for a shot around your joint, except where in sydney. :(

smiff123

Likes Dirt
I'll be doing it the least cruel way possible. I pitty anyone that can be cruel to any animal.
I'll ask the local guy at the petrol station who he knows. Stick up a note.
Contact the RSPCA or another wildlife control agency and they will catch and dispose of them.
That is the most humane way.