does any one know how to get off disc brakes

wolf2560

Likes Dirt
hey i stuffed up my disc brakes and tryed to screw it off but 3 wouldn't come off and i took it to the local bike shop and they couldn't get it off to and said to try and cut it off

so if anyone had any ideas im all ears ;)

Last edited:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
OK, welcome to farkin, wolf2560

as mentioned try searching, spell checking..... and, we're all full of good ideas around here.... just need more information so we might help you.

1) Did you use a Torx screw driver to try and remove the bolts? or did you ghetto up an allen key?

2) Are the heads stripped?

3) What kind of hub are they in??

spanky

beardi

Likes Dirt
I had the same problem and this is what I did......
I got to the point where I could not get anymore purchase on the bolt and the head was pretty rounded.

I put some tape over the rotor so as not to ruin it

I then got a hack saw and really carefully and slowly cut a channel across the middle of the bolt much like an old school flat head screw.

I then got a large flat head screw driver and with the extra torque and power of the big driver it came free.

Good luck it took me about 1/2 hr to complete

wolf2560

Likes Dirt
OK, welcome to farkin, wolf2560

as mentioned try searching, spell checking..... and, we're all full of good ideas around here.... just need more information so we might help you.

1) Did you use a Torx screw driver to try and remove the bolts? or did you ghetto up an allen key?

2) Are the heads stripped?

3) What kind of hub are they in??

spanky
yer i used a torx screw driver and it didnt work the heads arnt striped

but i just took it to my car mechanic and he found a way to do it and all he didnt need to brake anything :eek: