Does anyone have a Cotic Soul

Nads001

Squid
Hi everyone,

Im looking at a new steel hardtail frame to build up as a general trail riding bike and i have narrowed it down to the Cotic Soul as its Geo in the large frame suites what im after, the other contenders would be the Ragley Piglet and the Cotic BFe

Does anyone have one and what do they think of it ?

I live in Brisbane and would love to see one in the metal before committing to it as there are plenty of cheaper options out there

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/soul

thanks

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Hi

The Distro can be contacted on tomgilfedder (at) yahoo.com.au. Tom will be able to help you.

He is ACT based

jl.

Likes Bikes
Hi mate,

I've got a Soul and it's the best riding hardtail I've ever riden. Mine's set up more for aggressive XC type riding with short stem, wide bars and fat fast rolling tyres. Love it.

The one thing I will say about it is that it has a long top tube so I would recommend trying one if at all possible.

Good luck.
Jason

rone

Eats Squid
Hi mate,

I've got a Soul and it's the best riding hardtail I've ever riden. Mine's set up more for aggressive XC type riding with short stem, wide bars and fat fast rolling tyres. Love it.

The one thing I will say about it is that it has a long top tube so I would recommend trying one if at all possible.

Good luck.
Jason

Pics please. What length fork are you running?

Nads001

Squid
Hi

The Distro can be contacted on tomgilfedder (at) yahoo.com.au. Tom will be able to help you.

He is ACT based
Thanks for that i will send them an email. I found out on a UK forum that there is a distributer here and he does have a demo soul but ACT might be pushing it a bit, LOL

I can find a bad word about this Cotic Soul frame anywhere,

Jl What parts are you running and what size did you go with, im 6 foot i think the large is the frame for me

Last edited:

jl.

Likes Bikes
Pics please. What length fork are you running?
This is a pic just after I built it up with spare bits I had lying around. It has a 100mm fork on it but I think 120 would be ideal for what I use it for.... I'd love to spec it up but having a family on 1 income means something's gotta give!

The colour is a limited edition called "Builder's Tea". I can't say I like the look of it but I got the frame cheap when I was living in the UK

jl.

Likes Bikes
Thanks for that i will send them an email. I found out on a UK forum that there is a distributer here and he does have a demo soul but ACT might be pushing it a bit, LOL

I can find a bad word about this Cotic Soul frame anywhere,

Jl What parts are you running and what size did you go with, im 6 foot i think the large is the frame for me
Hi mate,

Mainly SRAM X7, old Avid Juicy 3s, 100mm Recons, Mavic 719s on XT hubs, flat pedals, 50mm stem and 700mm bars. Cheap and fairly reliable, pretty heavy at 27lbs. I'd like it to be lighter and it would be nice to have shiny bits on it but it works well. The only thing that holds it back is the fork. A Reba or an F120 with a 15mm axle would bring it alive!

Oh and I'm a TOWERING 5'6" on a small size frame.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Steel is real!

Would also love one of these... [video]http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Cotic-Bikes-Presents-What-would-Rocketman-ride-2012.html[/video]

I don't have one... yet. Deposit was paid this morning :) then I saw this thread :-D

I'll put up photos once the project is done (it could take a while).

Cheers
LD

Nads001

Squid
I got my black Cotic Soul not long after I started this thread and I have to say I love it it the best hardtail I've ever ridden and the only bike I've owned that if something happened to it I would not hesitate to get another one

As far as weight my large frame is built up with durable parts and weighs in at 12.1 Kgs
( light for a steel hardtail)

image.jpg

rone

Eats Squid
Pre-ordered a BFe in L 19" to replace the Blue Pig. Should be here late Jan. Nothing beats steel. Ordered in Gritstone so the wife won't notice.

cobba

Likes Dirt
I presume these frames have been bought through the local Cotic distributor ?

How do the prices compare with the UK Cotic website ?

The Soul frame in the UK is listed at £499, convert that to AUD$ and you get about $760

Nads001

Squid
I presume these frames have been bought through the local Cotic distributor ?

How do the prices compare with the UK Cotic website ?

The Soul frame in the UK is listed at £499, convert that to AUD$ and you get about $760
I managed to pick mine up 2nd hand but I priced it up both via the Aussie dealer and direct it worked out about the same inc delivery

cobba

Likes Dirt
I managed to pick mine up 2nd hand but I priced it up both via the Aussie dealer and direct it worked out about the same inc delivery
I forgot about VAT
Did you subtract the 20% VAT when you did a comparison.
The UK prices listed would be more expensive then a export price.
The £499 or AUD$760 minus the 20% VAT would be about £400 or AUD$610 + shipping costs

Nads001

Squid
I forgot about VAT
Did you subtract the 20% VAT when you did a comparison.
The UK prices listed would be more expensive then a export price.
The £499 or AUD$760 minus the 20% VAT would be about £400 or AUD$610 + shipping costs
I contacted both via email and got a price UK price was minus VAT It still works out about $760 once you drop VAT and add delivery it sounds like a lot for a steel hardtail but after owning one I would happily pay that for one
you just need to make sure you get you size right, I have found both Aussie dealer and the Cotic UK very good to deal with and happy to answer any questions

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I emailed the guy about the frames in early December, shipping is to Brisbane.

Thanks for the enquiry.

BFe frame, $480 + shipping to you
Soul frame, $750 + "
Rocket frame, with an RP23 shock, $2400 + "

Shipping to you should be about $40
Rone, can you let me know how the BFe goes? I'm fairly certain that's gonna be the frame I pull the trigger on when I get enough cash. And at $480, the price is right...