does anyone see the problem with...

tnankie

Likes Dirt
...using an Intense 5.5EVP, or a Santa Cruz blur LT as a day in day out trail bike?
I have no doubt that they are super bikes, and worth the huge amount of money, but are they durable?
I am not interested in a race bike, I do want a bike that is going to keep me happy for 4-5 years. Hence I think its worth while to spend a large amount now.

Thoughts?

P.s i dont want o know about other bikes, sorry to be rude but i really want to slove this problem first; definitively would be nice :)

Last edited:

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think your best bet is the Blur 4X edition. It is a beefed up Blur and sounds exactly like your number. Put a Fox 36 on it and you have my 2nd most desired bike. (1st being V10 with Fox 40, but that's another story altogether).

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
I have been doing a bit of riding lately on an Intense 5.5EVP and it is without doubt the best all round bike I have ridden. Closest thing i have owned to it was a trek Liquid, which was a bit lighter but no where near as good a ride.
I find the 5.5 to have excellent geometry for technical trail riding. Its one of those bikes you get on and straight away feel confident and comfortable. I wouldnt really recomend it for the serious XC rider as its probably too much a bike for someone who just wants to climb and worry about cadence.

If you are after a bike to get out and thrash its great, they are very strong, yet not too heavy, the travel length is perfect for trail riding whatever the terrain. Geometry is perfectly balanced making it easy to negotiate technical sections. But for the money you would expect all this. $3999 aint a cheap frame.

Ben.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ajay said:
read the thread before posting.... :rolleyes:
I've read the thread five times and can't see any reason that the Yeti 575 as suggested isn't a suitable option. The 575 is intended as a day in day out trail bike and is probably Yeti's biggest selling bike at the moment. The yanks are snapping them up like there's no tomorrow.

I can't help but think you're confusing it witht the shorter travel race bike, the ASR-SL. The 575 is not intended as a race bike but still can go quick with the right rider on it as proved by T-bone at the Mont and other enduro races.

Tnankie, if you've still got your options open and aren't set on one of the two you mentioned take a serious look at the 575's, I'm pretty sure they'll be exactly what you're after.

Cya, John.

PS. if you're a short fellow, ie. Trent Lowe size, have a look at ebay at the moment and buy his 575 with fox forks, sram x.0 etc for $1650. It's only been ridden three times. Bargain.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grover said:
I've read the thread five times and can't see any reason that the Yeti 575 as suggested isn't a suitable option. The 575 is intended as a day in day out trail bike and is probably Yeti's biggest selling bike at the moment. The yanks are snapping them up like there's no tomorrow.
tnankie said:
i dont want o know about other bikes, sorry to be rude but i really want to slove this problem first; definitively would be nice
Maybe you need your eyes checked.

tnankie

Likes Dirt
really i cant believe i edited that post for spelling and missed those two :)

thanks for the help guys.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
tnankie said:
really i cant believe i edited that post for spelling and missed those two :)

thanks for the help guys.
don't worry mate, i certainly didn't see them. i can't beleive i didn't see that, i really did read it five times, it must have been really late.

if it's out of just those bikes then i can say you'd definitely be happy with the blur, i've got no experience with the intense but blurs are wonderful. (still prefer 575s though).

Cya, John.

tnankie

Likes Dirt
its not really about those two bikes only. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of problems with those bikes, the reason i am wary of both those and the yeti is that i dont want a super light racer that gets flooged within an inch of its life by a year or two of heavy all day rides.