Does intense have a World Cup team?

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
I just have a thought today and some quick searching didn't really yield anything.

When was the last time Intense ran a WC team?

I don't really see them diving into the Enduro Format.... Or am I just not looking hard enough?

jbg

Likes Dirt
Think the SCintense team is just a team that have Intense as their frame sponsor and not a factory team like it was in the Kovarik era.
Do see a few m9 951's on both circuits though, offering plenty of support to privateers

MB

Intense Australia
Think the SCintense team is just a team that have Intense as their frame sponsor and not a factory team like it was in the Kovarik era.
Do see a few m9 951's on both circuits though, offering plenty of support to privateers
Correct, SC (suspension centre) Intense is not a factory team, they just use intense. Right now team KP sport/ go pro is a Spanish team with bernat guardia as the headline rider has much closer ties to the Intense Factory. This team is run by the Spanish distributor of Intense (KP sport) and has much closer ties with Intense making it the closest thing Intense has to a factory team. I spoke to to the guy that runs KP sport at the Intense International distributor meeting last week in California and there is some exciting things in the pipe. Stay tuned kids this one is going to get interesting.

As a side note for this, Bernat was on a prototype at fort bill this year... Number 6 it was I believe... There's a pic of it somewhere on the intense cycles Australia FB page.

MB

Last edited:

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Given how progressive Intense are in releasing trail intended frames. I was thinking that they would be keen to get a Factory team going soon.

With yeti exiting WC last year. I was hoping someone would step up. You gotta admire newcomers like Polygon for having a go.

MB

Intense Australia
I would also like to know if Intese are still making BMX ?
Intense BMX does still exist, but the name is now licensed to an outside company, but yes it was initially part of the family. Same goes for the Tyres - The BMX frames and tyres are still very good products but alloy BMX frames are Taiwanese whereas Intense Alloy MTB's are made in California.

Last edited: