DH Does it come in black?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After a few years off the bike I decided to rebuild ye olde Sunday. Tried to keep it on a mostly budget build but that didn't work out so well...

Frame - 2006 Sunday
Rear shock - 5th Element - Had the old SPV guts scooped out and replaced with a shim based damper by Tekin
Front shock/fork - 2015 Dorado Expert - With TSR relief caps and IRV added to the spring for extra fun times
Handlebars - Funn something or other
Stem - SIC integrated job
Grips - Intense
Saddle - Old SDG I beam, reupholstered in black leather.
Seatpost - I beam
Front brake - Saint/SLX lever, only because the latest dorado incarnation has direct 8" post mounts, I had my old xt 4 pots all lined up with new servo wave levers, but IS mount caliper just wont work
Rear brake - XT 4pot, SLX lever
Cranks - zee 165
Chainguide - Funn Zippa
Pedals - Atomlab Aircorps
Rear derailleur - Zee DH
Rear shifter - Saint ispec
Front hub - Dice
Rear hub - Hadley(close to 12 years old)
Front rim - 521
Rear rim - 521
Tyres - Minion DHF

Recycled as much as i could off the old build, need to get some new wheels built, rims have both seen better days and something tubeless ready would be better.
Saint brake works well enough but the old xt caliper does out perform it. Far more consistent feel. Dorados feel excellent, needs to get a few more runs into it to break them in properly, then can start getting the pressure in the IRT and the main chamber balanced out for fun times.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine is coming in black its currently at the chemical dipping/stripping place
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?293847-2008-Iron-Horse-Sunday-(Project-Build)

Great build love the fact you got d521's on there, are you running an angleset at all ?
My paint job is much more...agricultural than yours that's for sure. A lazy few coats of black plati dip over the old polished frame that it was before this incarnation.

No anglest for me at the moment. I need to ride it more to see if I think it will benefit. The dorados sit slightly higher than the boxxers, and I'm not convinced that the tracks here in vic need the extra degree or so.

Nice photography and bike. Take the stickers off the uppers of your Dorados?
I thought about it, but I'll at least wait untill they get dinged up. I might end up making something to match for the rest of the bike.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
My paint job is much more...agricultural than yours that's for sure. A lazy few coats of black plati dip over the old polished frame that it was before this incarnation.

No anglest for me at the moment. I need to ride it more to see if I think it will benefit. The dorados sit slightly higher than the boxxers, and I'm not convinced that the tracks here in vic need the extra degree or so.

I thought about it, but I'll at least wait untill they get dinged up. I might end up making something to match for the rest of the bike.
You'll benefit, it's ridiculously good. Makes it brand new, changes the whole bike, all in good ways. Handles even better, takes the rough nicer and really only downfall is in the real tight stuff.

Wait until the decals get dinged up and then order some fox style stealth ones in full gloss black, would look awesome.

Love it anyway man, looks sexy, still rides hard!

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice, real nice. Looks fresh with black on black. Don't recall seeing many like that back in the day. Miss my old girl

Agree on the angleset to freshen up the geo, but each to their own.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rear are stainless, but that needs to get rebuilt so Ill stick with my philosophy.... "Does it come in black?"

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Nice, nice job. I'm digging the dorado decals mind you. a white band or two on the rear triangle may actually make it work really well.

I'm on the fence with the angleset too. I've tried it on someone elses Sunday but wasnt convinced to make the change to mine. It may be I'm just used to her and shift around accordingly. But, cant ignore the feedback on it I suppose, may just get it done.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
1 degree won't be too much change. I'm running an angle set and raked out forks and hitting 62.5 degrees and wouldn't have it any other way but each to their own.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice, nice job. I'm digging the dorado decals mind you. a white band or two on the rear triangle may actually make it work really well.

I'm on the fence with the angleset too. I've tried it on someone elses Sunday but wasnt convinced to make the change to mine. It may be I'm just used to her and shift around accordingly. But, cant ignore the feedback on it I suppose, may just get it done.

I started off running a looped pinstripe through the plastidip to the polished alu the whole way around the head tube, top tube and seat tube, along with the rear triangle. Where it worked it was super nice, but its a massive pain in the ass with plastidip. Peel it too soon and you get a runny mess, peel it too late and you get a torn ugly mess. Matte black was easier haha.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
I started off running a looped pinstripe through the plastidip to the polished alu the whole way around the head tube, top tube and seat tube, along with the rear triangle. Where it worked it was super nice, but its a massive pain in the ass with plastidip. Peel it too soon and you get a runny mess, peel it too late and you get a torn ugly mess. Matte black was easier haha.
Thats commitment! nice attempt.

You do need to bust out the texta on the maxxis yellow though stat.