Does the Northern Beaches need a Sustainable (legal) Mountainbike Recreation Area?

Does the Northern Beaches need a Sustainable (legal) Mountainbike Recreation Area?

• Yes, It is a good idea.

Votes: 38 100.0%
  • No, We don't need it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Hit 2008

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post, but it is MTB relevant so I thought it was ok, if not could the moderators please move it to a suitable area.

I am doing a topic similar to the topic of the thread for my Senior Geography Project. I need to get a bit of information together for this project and thought it would be relevant to ask a few Q's here.

My first and main question to all you Rotorburnians is as the title asks, Does the Northern Beaches need a Sustainable (legal) Mountainbike Recreation Area? If you could also suggest some possible areas that you would like to see become this Recreational Area and also your opinon in a few word below. Please answer this truthfully.

If there is anyone involved in MWMTB or the local councils who have noticed this thread could you please let me know via PM so I can ask a few more in deepth questions about this becoming a possible reality in the future.

The poll will be open for 5 Days, so if you want your say, get in quick.

Thanks to Everyone who helps me out.
Jasper

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
You need to go to nobmob ... there are many many threads on the topic and even latest actions being taken.

may also want to search Manly Dam on here to get a taste of who's doing what and current hot topics.

I suggest you do a google search of "Friends of Narrabeen Lakes" ... "sandstone swamps" etc etc.

Suggest you also may want to understand and be able to clearly articulate what sustainable versus unsustainable is ... and maybe "conservation" in the context of recreational use.

Sorry if this doesn't seem to be very helpful, but in the end you need to research and do the hard yards, as it will stick in your head so much better and for longer if you do your own work. Good luck with it ... interesting topic for you to sink your teeth into ... may even lead to a life long passion for yah.

feel free to PM if you have any questions. (note, by no means am I an expert, however, happy to point you out to more knowledgeable people ... and information sources).

Al

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All,

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post, but it is MTB relevant so I thought it was ok, if not could the moderators please move it to a suitable area.

I am doing a topic similar to the topic of the thread for my Senior Geography Project. I need to get a bit of information together for this project and thought it would be relevant to ask a few Q's here.

My first and main question to all you Rotorburnians is as the title asks, Does the Northern Beaches need a Sustainable (legal) Mountainbike Recreation Area? If you could also suggest some possible areas that you would like to see become this Recreational Area and also your opinon in a few word below. Please answer this truthfully.

If there is anyone involved in MWMTB or the local councils who have noticed this thread could you please let me know via PM so I can ask a few more in deepth questions about this becoming a possible reality in the future.

The poll will be open for 5 Days, so if you want your say, get in quick.

Thanks to Everyone who helps me out.
Jasper
not trying to throw a spanner in the works, but isn't Manly Dam a sustainable legal mountain bike area?

In any case, there certainly could/should be more areas and I would expect that the DH/FR crew would say that the Dam doesn't meet their needs. The sheer numbers that the Dam gets on a good weekend demonstrates the popularity of the area. I always liked the idea of linking up the various areas of bushland via parks & backstreets to create all-day riding opportunities. I have done this and ridden Red Hill and the Dam in the one go and it was great fun, but better links would improve the experience.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I always liked the idea of linking up the various areas of bushland via parks & backstreets to create all-day riding opportunities. I have done this and ridden Red Hill and the Dam in the one go and it was great fun, but better links would improve the experience.
I link it up from manly dam -> cascades -> st ives-> oxford falls -> red hill back into manly dam
you can also connect duckholes and back.
pretty much off road all the way apart from approx 4km.

look at it on google earth, it's your friend :)

BT180

Max Pfaff
To the OP - Where have you been?! This is a hot topic and has been for a very long time. As Nerf said, best head over to NoBMoB for all the latest and (not so) greatest info.

http://nobmob.com/

mtb5150

Likes Dirt
I dont mean to derail I definitely dont mean to belittle the work by NobMob but as far as the poll question goes......um isnt it a little bit redundant?

I mean asking in a MTB forum if an area needs a MTB track, I cant see many negative responses. the obvious answer is yes. If the question was does the Hawkesbury need a sustainable MTB rec area...the answer....um yes.....Does Parramatta....um yes.

If its for a school assignment it might be better for your assessment to formulate the question better so that the results of your survey actually mean something statistically or demographically. Off the top of my head if the question was something like...are the requirements of MTB riders in the Northern BEaches adequately met? you would possibly get more statistically relavent data I think.

When you present the stunning result that 100% of mtb riders when asked in a MTB forum think that NB needs a MTB track....you may get a Der! from your teacher.

God I sound like someones father. Sorry about that.