Done

S.

ex offender
Den-Den said:
Ah, always a doubting Thomas amongst them!
If it's not built, as described, within the week then I'll give you a slab of draught (so long as you're not a minor) for the effort of posting that.
That's for the record, and you can hold me to that.
:D

The reason for size of the berm is because it will become a roll in for the BSX line in due time. :idea:
It might be closer to 1.5 in its early stages over the next month, but 2m is the objective.
Well you'll have two weeks, then I'll be back from NZ, at which stage I will come over and criticise your efforts in an Australian Idol-esque manner (ie using the lamest, most cliche'd phrases possible whilst still managing to lose my dignity and sound arrogant at the same time).

And I might just hold you to that slab ;)

Skin

Likes Dirt
Re: Ressurection of Ivanhoe DJ's- hands needed this Sunday!!

andrew said:
Den-Den said:
no smack talkers or jibe motherfuckers welcome :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!:
seeesh...i'm out
I'll bring the smack talker with me ... I'm with S. in regards to the amount (of dirt) needed to complete your plan ... but i like the Enthusisam... only one way to find out.... see ya then ...

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
me and my mate zach will probably be there around 1pm, i have to work till 12 but i'll come and put in after that, might even see some talent riding these piles of dirt while im at it :wink:
Cyas there!

kizza

Likes Dirt
hey guys, ill see ya there.

What time is everyine coming? cos i might be there around 9:30, Unless no one else is goign to be there :oops:

see ya there with me shovel, catch.

kizza.

Den-Den

Likes Bikes
Swoit!
At this stage there should be a few of us down there tomorrow.
I'll be there by 9-9:30 just so I can get a few things sorted. Council dumped dirt y'day so had to scurry my arse down there to direct the loader and bobcat driver- so we've got most of the basic form and layout sorted, yay less work and hassle tomorrow! Actually spent most of today down there and have the berm pretty much sorted and all three gaps on the bigger lines are pretty much done too. Tomorrow we'll need to build the last tabletop, get the transitions packed down, cart buckets of water (am bringing buckets and watering cans) and thouroughly water it in. Once everything is done, we'll pull up stops for an hour and let the water soak in/dry out, we'll feed ourselves during that time and then get a few gentle trains happening to start wearing in a firm riding line through it.
Even managed to score 3-4 wheelbarrows and shovels from the ParksVic boys to help us all out. REMEMBER TO TRY AND BRING WATER OR WATER CARRYING CONTAINERS W YOU TOMORROW :!:

Peoples, I know this whole thing has come at short notice with a lot of people up at Eildon or having to work and so forth, but those of you left- WE NEED YOU :!:

Cheers,
Nathan :)

S.

ex offender
I'm impressed at how organised you are dude... that's seriously good work! Good to know that somebody out there doesn't fuck around (if we were all like me, we'd still be neanderthals).

Den-Den

Likes Bikes
Re: Ressurection of Ivanhoe DJ's- hands needed this Sunday!!

Skin said:
andrew said:
Den-Den said:
no smack talkers or jibe motherfuckers welcome :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!:
seeesh...i'm out
I'll bring the smack talker with me ... I'm with S. in regards to the amount (of dirt) needed to complete your plan ... but i like the Enthusisam... only one way to find out.... see ya then ...
That's a little more like it :!:
I'll look forward to meeting you guys. You won't miss me, just look for a hairy dude with a ridiculously sweat stained black cap with a shovel in hand.
See you then.

Den-Den

Likes Bikes
S. said:
I'm impressed at how organised you are dude... that's seriously good work! Good to know that somebody out there doesn't fuck around (if we were all like me, we'd still be neanderthals).
Wait till we put on a few jam sessions- hopefully then you'll see organised. Am going to put on the full works for it! Prizes, giveaways, eye candy, tunes the whole freakin show. But its a two way street so we also need your (the riders) help in creating our own little mini mecca. As we all know, nothing happens quick with councils but at least we've got close to an acre to work with.
Let's not squander the opportunity, so please respect the time, effort and resources that myself and a couple of other guys have/are putting into this and do the right thing such as:
- Taking back what you bring (your rubbish)
- If you blow it out you fix it (even if you have to use your hands)
- Be nice to the neighbours (sure its not an ideal sit. but we'll have to get along with the tennis people- no nasty jokes about their grunting or attire!)
- Keep an eye out for the little tackers and the uninitiated, if they get in the way or are walking on jumps,shoulders etc. calmly explain to them where they need to be (in the t/top area or off the jumps) and why.
- Leave your attitude at home and let your riding do the talking

Oh, AND DON"T WALK ON THE TOP OR BACK OF THE BERM!

Lets do the right thing and stop getting labelled as another bad apple bunch- for the sake of our riding and the future of this wicked culture that is mountain biking :twisted: !

See you tomorrow guys (and gals if any are planning on coming)
Nathan

Den-Den

Likes Bikes
For those confused here's the to bring list for today's working bee:
- Water (I'm bringing the watering cans like the one ya mum uses in the garden)
- shovels
- bikes
- helmets
..... and a :) of course.

See you all there!

Troy

Likes Bikes
Give the dude a break. No one gives a shit if u can't be there so don;t bother posting if ur not. I met him on saturday and hes a great bloke and is doing the right thing so don't fuk him around, especially when u will probably just turn up at use them wid out helping. Just make an effort. Most of us have a few weeks of holidays on now, so even if u didn't make it today, go down over the next few weeks. the more people, the bigger the jumps, the more jumps, the faster they will get built, and the better everyone will be 4 it. hope to catch u guys there sum time

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In regards to all this i'd just like to give a big shout out to nathan, i met him today and i think after talking to him for a bit he really is doing something that doesnt get done too much around here, he is organising a group of MTBers, going through the proper channels to get us all a (from what i saw today) great jump spot. The plans look awesome and it should be good when its done, if nothing else, the group of people down there today are having a crack, and its more than what usually gets done, so well done guys.

kizza

Likes Dirt
I understand where you are coming form Troy but if you are reffering to me the first part of you post
Give the dude a break. No one gives a shit if u can't be there so don;t bother posting if ur not. I met him on saturday and hes a great bloke and is doing the right thing so don't fuk him around, especially when u will probably just turn up at use them wid out helping.
i was there today, yes i did have a big night, but like i said, i got up early, and was there by about 10-10:30 i worked with the rest of the riders who came.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Well, how was today? Turn out well? Ill pop down sometime soon to check them! Can't believe i had to spend the day with family.

Tom_405

Likes Dirt
sorry i couldn't make it but i couldn't get a lift, are they finished if anyones up to it i can get there tomorow?

spuddy

Likes Dirt
It's all lookin pretty good down there, and i hear more digging is going down next weekend, so drop in for that if you are available.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
spuddy said:
It's all lookin pretty good down there, and i hear more digging is going down next weekend, so drop in for that if you are available.
Grrr.. Im riding in Adelaide. DAMN. :p

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTR said:
spuddy said:
Grrr.. Im riding in Adelaide. DAMN. :p
yeh, i know your pain :p

Sorry I didn't make it down. I was originally going to go do trackwork at eildon on the nats track but my lift fell through and i woke up with major bruising on all of my ribs...ouchies.

If any more digging goes on after the holidays let me know. I suck at jumping but am always happy to help out with a dig.

Den-Den

Likes Bikes
Shout out to the guys that made it yesterday particularly Mark AND Kizza for helping manage the lil grom's that were there helping out! :D
Given the short notice and the host of other maintenance days going on around the traps (Eildon etc), it was always going to be a long shot- but we got a few of you and got the nuts of it done.
I'll even extend that shout out to the guys that couldn't make it to help, but still made the time to drop in and check it out- particularly those that came in from the outers to see what was happening. (Valonia guys, Byatch and Spuddy etc)

Most of you who dropped in saw the plans for the place and know what's going to be happening. So for those of you that don't and drop in over the next week expect more dirt and more work.

We're having to work within guidelines that have been negotiated between the council and us (IDC), so it means that we obviously won't be going and building 8ft high kickers etc, and we will definately need to be on our best behaviour. SO TAKE HEED- fuck with this opportunity/ fuck shit up down there and pray that it's someone from the council that catches you and not one of us or another rider who's helped us build it! :evil:

This week its going to be a case of keeping the water up to the jumps, some further cosmetics and fine tuning of the jump spacing- hopefully we'll have another 8-10 cubic metres of dirt delivered before Thursday.

At this stage if you rock up there (and it doesn't look like there's a worn line through a section), just go and do a little bit of gentle foot stomping on the tranny's to help pack them in before you ride them. This early in the piece, a couple minutes of stomping prior to riding may be the difference between them holding together and them exploding under your wheel when you land (the good crusty layer that is).

Cheers,
Nathan

Den-Den

Likes Bikes
Troy said:
Give the dude a break. No one gives a shit if u can't be there so don;t bother posting if ur not. I met him on saturday and hes a great bloke and is doing the right thing so don't fuk him around, especially when u will probably just turn up at use them wid out helping. Just make an effort. Most of us have a few weeks of holidays on now, so even if u didn't make it today, go down over the next few weeks. the more people, the bigger the jumps, the more jumps, the faster they will get built, and the better everyone will be 4 it. hope to catch u guys there sum time
Think there might have been a slight misinterpretation- I think Kizza was refering to his own spastic post at 1:37am on Sun morning. Thanks for the show of support though Troy.