Dont want to buy a bike, yet, but still want to DJ

cheif_m

Likes Dirt
really good advice, cheers

where wold i be able to find a 4X track in Melbourne, preferably the SE suburbs?
also for 4x kinda stuff would a hardtail XC or full sus DH bike be better?

driftking

Wheel size expert

where wold i be able to find a 4X track in Melbourne, preferably the SE suburbs?
neither aha, if its a full blown hardtail xc it will be pretty sucky you don't really have a lot of room out back or under you to pump, a dh bike wont be great either though you will have more room over the bike, also you can stiffen the bike up heaps and it will work well.
Id go for a fully stiffened dh rig over the xc.

smoothwakey

Likes Bikes

I would recommend that you use your downhill bike it still won't be ideal/easy but with some practise you should be able to get over many of the jumps. Plus I think I read you want to improve your DH skills so this should help and at least this will give you an opportunity to get a fell for dirt jumping with out buying a new bike. You may also meet some people there that would let you try their dj bike (it's surprising how many people want have a ride on a full DH bike haha). If it does get you hooked you'll be looking to buy a dj bike in no time though haha.