Double Tap Shifters

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
i was just wondering what everybodies' thoughts are on double tap shifters...
i have a set (9 speed & 3 speed) sitting around, and thought i might find out what rotorburners' thought of these magical shifters,
if your unsure what they are: http://www.sram.com/sram/trekking-comfort/products/flatbar-9
feel free to leave your comments and thoughts below as i am interested in what you think of them

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So it's basically a new MTB style Sram Red shifter re-dseign? I was curious as to when this would happen. Snazzy!

MARKL

Eats Squid
So it's basically a new MTB style Sram Red shifter re-dseign? I was curious as to when this would happen. Snazzy!
Not quiet, its aimed at flat bar road bikes (touring/trekking etc). Though I am sure somebody will adapt it their mountain bike at some point.

stolen-stp

Likes Bikes
They work!

These double tap shifters work perfectly on sram X7,X9 and X0. I know some cross country riders who swear by them. They reckon they are one step down from god!

floody

Wheel size expert
Just give them a crack, at worst going to cost you $3.00 worth of inner cables and 1/2hr of work.

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
all in all, them seem like the shit, but i dont know . . . think i might sell them off . . . shame to see them go, but atleast they'll go to some-one who will actually use them, they have been sitting around since april 2009 . . . brand new, never used

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
why dont you chuck em on and give them a go? if you like them, keep them. then if you dont you can sell them off. they should not lose too much value because you cant wreak/scrath a shifter too easy (unless you jam it into a tree like me a couple times:p)

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So is it just one lever, instead of two?
Yeah, push it in 1 click goes up a gear, 2 clicks goes down a gear.

Have it on the roadie, pretty sweet idea yet so simple. I'd definitely stick it on the mtb if I had sram :(

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
decided, im going to sell them, as im set up with some good shifters already... [wombat edit: come on mate, you should know the rules by now, just go make a thread in the appropriate forum.]

Last edited by a moderator: