downhill bike for 165 cm man

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
hey

im looking at buying a downhill bike but i have no idea what bike would suit me i'm 165 cm's tall and about 65 kgs. i was looking at a giant glory but only coz of reputation( i herd they were good but i really have no idea). i ride an stp atm i find it very comfortable if thats any help. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

moorey

call me Mia
hey

im looking at buying a downhill bike but i have no idea what bike would suit me i'm 165 cm's tall and about 65 kgs. i was looking at a giant glory but only coz of reputation( i herd they were good but i really have no idea). i ride an stp atm i find it very comfortable if thats any help. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Budget will be a factor.

Doggy

Inconceivable!
I can recommend the Spesh Bighit if that gets your rocks off, or a small/xs demo. My wife is 165cm and she has a small 2011 bighit 2 and loves it. Its a perfect size for her which is hard to get with her and bikes. We looked around at stinkys, glorys and the usuals when we bought it and the bighit was the one that she instantly felt comfortable of with the standover height and reach and such.

phillywa

Likes Dirt
I'm 166cm and ride a 2011 Scott gambler and its spot on. Reach is pretty short so I can actually hang off the back a bit more.
Previous bikes were '08 and '10 glory in a small and the reach is longer but you just adapt, change the your riding style.

driftking

Wheel size expert
What is your budget champ?
Are you set on new or 2nd hand or not concerned?

In terms of size its not really too much of a concern most bikes have 3 if not 4 sizes and even those that come in 2 (long & short) cover most people fairly well. You then have HA adjustment, Stem Bars etc to get your reach and everything sorted. Fair few bikes now will also come with linkage adjustment or CS adjustment for further refining.

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
id probably wont to spend around 1500-2000 second hand. ive had a look on gum tree there are a few giant glory around my area but there all size medium and large .

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
i really like the look of the glory im going to canada in jan i think i might just wait till im back from there try and get some knowledge and ride a few different bikes or potentially buy one there? anyone know any good canadian sites for 2nd hand bikes?