downhill cranks.

koper72

Likes Bikes
hey everyone,
im just wondering what everyone thinks the strongest downhill cranks are.
i just seem to keep bending cranks so yea. ive been through a 2010 set of saints an 08 set of saints and a set of gravitys. so if anybody knows of some stronger cranks id be pleased to no what they are.
cheers

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey everyone,
im just wondering what everyone thinks the strongest downhill cranks are.
i just seem to keep bending cranks so yea. ive been through a 2010 set of saints an 08 set of saints and a set of gravitys. so if anybody knows of some stronger cranks id be pleased to no what they are.
cheers
race face diablous

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
chro mo

dude if you're mashing cranks likethat then the only real option is to go to 3 piece chromo jobs. just be carefull that you get mtb ones and not bmx. there are a few available that are dh specific now, i think gusset and DMR do one. they aint cheap and they aint the lightest around but soooooo much stronger and stiffer.

also have alook at the REVERSE cranks on fearlesscycles.com.au they look similar to saints with e hollow tech, but if theyre anything like the other reverse stuff they will be strong as all hell and well built too.

hope it helps

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
I don't beleive your doing it wrong. Perhaps inspecting your riding style as aposed to equipment may lead you to finding a more economical solution to you anihilating cranks.

Last edited:

Craftworks

Craftworks
what bike are you riding? Hardtail?

I went from DH on a hardtail to some a bit more squishy in the back end years ago. Not only my knees forgave me I didnt snap cranks and bottom brackets.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dude if you're mashing cranks likethat then the only real option is to go to 3 piece chromo jobs. just be carefull that you get mtb ones and not bmx. there are a few available that are dh specific now, i think gusset and DMR do one. they aint cheap and they aint the lightest around but soooooo much stronger and stiffer.

also have alook at the REVERSE cranks on fearlesscycles.com.au they look similar to saints with e hollow tech, but if theyre anything like the other reverse stuff they will be strong as all hell and well built too.

hope it helps
Also reccomend the reverse legends: can be foundhere
An order is going in soon for more reverse stuff so you if you get in quick that might be one way to go.

If your bending saints your doing a good job of it thats for sure!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Also reccomend the reverse legends: can be foundhere
An order is going in soon for more reverse stuff so you if you get in quick that might be one way to go.

If your bending saints your doing a good job of it thats for sure!
And pardon any issues, we've just changed over to this site tonight, going to take a few days to work out the bugs and issues on the site!

Those cranks are available come september for customers.