Downhill & Freeriders

SaabG

Likes Dirt
Judd,
If you could send me the details that would be great.

Wengji,
At the moment I have Thursday off so yeah, I'll be there for sure. Hopefully it's dry by then. I was there today and the new doubles they have built at the start of fun city are ridiculous. I'm thinking of heading there with some popcorn on Sunday to see if anyone hits it.

What time are you planning on heading in?

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where is this new double?

Hopefully it isn't to overwhellming. I wanted to hit Fun City at some stage in the near future...

James, are you free Saturday? Lithgow RND 2.

Judd

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would but working Friday and Saturday nights so will be sleeping during the day.

Not sure where the double is, but seb was saying its just before funcity. I'll check and let you and let you know

SaabG

Likes Dirt
Where is this new double?

Hopefully it isn't to overwhellming. I wanted to hit Fun City at some stage in the near future...

Judd
My thoughts exactly. I was just building up to these doubles and now they have made them way out of my league. These is where I'm talking about but they are so high now that a guy I was riding with today thinks they may have to prune the tree back because you're going to hit it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fznd...y&list=PLCC4ED39AB9232862&index=10&playnext=1

The real problem is that these doubles are the gateway to the rest of the track and the b-line is now so narrow that it slows you down too much to flow properly into the next drops/jumps.

Wengji, the doubles were rebuilt over the weekend. I'll be there on thursday if the weather holds off. It was still slow today but by Thursday it should be pretty good. I'll probably be there before 11, you'll see my white Hilux ute there and I ride a 2008 Norco team DH.

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My thoughts exactly. I was just building up to these doubles and now they have made them way out of my league. These is where I'm talking about but they are so high now that a guy I was riding with today thinks they may have to prune the tree back because you're going to hit it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fznd...y&list=PLCC4ED39AB9232862&index=10&playnext=1

The real problem is that these doubles are the gateway to the rest of the track and the b-line is now so narrow that it slows you down too much to flow properly into the next drops/jumps.

Wengji, the doubles were rebuilt over the weekend. I'll be there on thursday if the weather holds off. It was still slow today but by Thursday it should be pretty good. I'll probably be there before 11, you'll see my white Hilux ute there and I ride a 2008 Norco team DH.
Okay, those doubles have been like that for some time but I'll have a look at them tomorrow to how much they have changed. You know what's fun that vid to attached is one of mine. I'm the dude infront,

Il see you Thursday I have a 2009 norco team dh

SaabG

Likes Dirt
Yeah, that video was from 2009. It would probably be easier to do road gap on a uni cycle than do the new doubles but apparently it has been hit already because the guy I was riding with today (Ben, you guys may know him) said he saw tyre marks on the down ramp so it is do able I guess.

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, that video was from 2009. It would probably be easier to do road gap on a uni cycle than do the new doubles but apparently it has been hit already because the guy I was riding with today (Ben, you guys may know him) said he saw tyre marks on the down ramp so it is do able I guess.
Oh it may just have to stay off my todo list. Well I have done it but not this new one

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Nothing confirmed yet...
But, Shuttles down south may be happening on friday.

Let me know if your keen and I'll keep you updated

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Working Thursday and Friday nights so I'm out.

I'm hitting northbridge pumptrack tomorrow if your keen

dominator

Likes Dirt
Haha, there must have been a higher power controlling my hands because that wasn't the video I meant to post.

This is the the doubles that have been enlarged.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTotQEzp7GI

Nice riding by the way.
I'm liking the sounds of this!!!!!

IMO when you hit the 3 step-downs (with a bit of pace) before this double you have enough speed mac a considerably bigger double

Anyone keen to get down there this weekend sometime? I might try and get 'Billy the Kid' out for a thrash on Sun or Mon :)

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seb,

Sorry to do this but things have changed and I can't make it tomorrow.

I had a look at the step down/double you were talking about, the only thing they have done to it is built the small berm into the kicker to line you up for the b line. they have though increased fun city jump by about 2 meters and widened the lander

Last edited: