Downhill Road Trip Sydney Canberra Victoria

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
A few mates and I are heading on a Downhill road trip early Jan. If you could plan the ultimate DH road trip in 5 days, what Downhill tracks would you hit and where?
We have 5 days to plan the trip within!
The Basic plan is Stromlo/Thredbo/Buller,however we are super keen to check out the less mainstream shuttle-able(4x4 ok) DH trails on the way, pm if sensitive or just post general area's
Any help much appreciated

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Thanks for all your pm's

Most suggestions have been between Sydney and Canberra (and surrounds) Need some more options between canberra and Buller, thanks again!

morticus

Likes Dirt
Thredbo is after Canberra...

If it were me i would have headed north, as there is an abundance heading up the coast. Usually a shit hot track every 4 hours or so, all the way to Cairns. I don't think there is much on the coast south of Canberra, There is a rumour of one near Bega, but i dont know where it is. Tathra has some awesome single track but dont think it would be much fun on the uphill sections.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Thredbo is after Canberra...

If it were me i would have headed north, as there is an abundance heading up the coast. Usually a shit hot track every 4 hours or so, all the way to Cairns. I don't think there is much on the coast south of Canberra, There is a rumour of one near Bega, but i dont know where it is. Tathra has some awesome single track but dont think it would be much fun on the uphill sections.
Thanks mate, yeah we are heading south from Sydney. Thredbo is in the plan, as above, so anywhere between Canberra>thredbo>Buller

Luke_Donno

Likes Bikes
Mt Beauty

Thanks mate, yeah we are heading south from Sydney. Thredbo is in the plan, as above, so anywhere between Canberra>thredbo>Buller
After hitting up Thredbo keep heading south along the Alpine Way and gradually make your way to Mt Beauty, the track used in the Victorian series that everyone loves.
After giving that a go head over to Bright and ride the Mystic DH track, ask in at the bike shop for directions.
If you get a chance stop in at the Harrietville caravan park, there is a sweet freeride park with lots of jumps and stuff everywhere thats maintained by the locals.

morticus

Likes Dirt
Mate thats a ripper of a drive in through Harrietville. Wishing i was coming now, the 4WD and camping in the high country is insane. The fact there is tracks to ride makes it even more appealing.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
dh trails

theres three tracks in beauty that are good, three in bright that are amazing trails, a few in porepunkah and three mad dh tracks near myrtleford. most of the dh tracks in that region are better than anything youll find in buller or thredbo.

Glenn Polner

Likes Bikes
interested in this,
me and a mate are doing a shorter version start sydney, canberra and end in Thredbo in 3rd week of Jan cant wait

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Hi Everyone, want to say a big thank you for all the help and advice thats come through so far, its much appreciated

Looks like we are going to be hitting up Bright,VIC between Thredbo and Buller with the help of Alpine Gravity Shuttles:biggrin:

We also may have to plan a second trip just for the stuff between Syd and Threders!