Downhill world championships: Pick the winning time and win a prize

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cairns worlds on redbull

So I was just looking on redbull tv for upcoming races and can't find the worlds, am I missing something, are they no showing it... or am I (as normal) just dumb?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
They streamed it live last time they raced at Cairns... don't see why it wouldn't be any different this year, especially if they've streamed the races at other locations in the series.

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Redbull dont currently have the rights to World Champs (They just buy the series). You should be able to watch on SBS and Foxtel. Streaming is still being sorted with the UCI. Most of the footage will be very similar to what you have seen in previous years, just some of the new toys that RB have brought along this year to the World Cup wont be included. (like how long is a jump thing).

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah it was on last year...as a world cup, but this year its world champs... but i'v watched every other year the worlds was on since Rb took over and before that on freecaster.

Hopefully they get it sorted, it's great to watch on RB (even though actually navigating RB TV is hopeless). SBS do a good job with cycling,so hopefullythey do a good package. Do have foxtel sports at the moment, but geez it smashed through my net quota.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The last time I saw SBS cover a downhill event, it was total rubbish and the commentary was done by 94 year old roadies. I hope Red Bull cover it the same way they do with World Cups and I also hope the Foxtel coverage is good. If that all stinks, I'll take $10 from every person who wants to watch it and I'll do a pay per view on my phone from the event. ;)

Stinky

Likes Dirt
The last time I saw SBS cover a downhill event, it was total rubbish and the commentary was done by 94 year old roadies. I hope Red Bull cover it the same way they do with World Cups and I also hope the Foxtel coverage is good. If that all stinks, I'll take $10 from every person who wants to watch it and I'll do a pay per view on my phone from the event. ;)
Coverage will be effectively the same as it is the same local producer, camera guys etc. No Rob or Claudio, doing commentary, but an American that the UCI have appointed (name escapes me at the moment). The feed will be exactly the same if you watch it on SBS or Foxtel.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know they wanted peter graves (i thinks thats his name) who used to do commenting years ago...geez I hated his commentary

Staunch

Eats Squid
Coverage will be effectively the same as it is the same local producer, camera guys etc. No Rob or Claudio, doing commentary, but an American that the UCI have appointed (name escapes me at the moment). The feed will be exactly the same if you watch it on SBS or Foxtel.
I remember 2011 Worlds when Danny won, the free-to-air commentating was that trash that I was happy to pay to listen/watch the stream with Rob Warner. Glad I did, that run has some of his most classic lines in it, before he was Red Bull censored haha.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was just watching the 2014 cairns WC, only showed the last 2/ laps of the womens XC and then all the mens, yet to sit down and watch the DH.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, the world cup season is over. We move on to the world championship's now and we're lucky enough to be hosting it in Australia in Cairns.
I've got a bunch of Rotorburn stickers and some custom titles to give away to the person who picks the closest time to the winning time in the men's race. Here's the rules:
-You have to reply to this thread before midnight on Tuesday 5th September. I need it in a format that includes minutes, seconds and fractions of a second so it should say 9.45.89 (nine minutes, forty eight seconds, eighty nine fractions of a second).
-Feel free to discuss the race but you only get one guess. I'm running a spreadsheet and if your name appears twice, I'm taking your letterbox.
-The track has changed somewhat so don't go too much on last year's results. Use it as a guide by all means.

I'm watching the weather forecast and one site is saying rain after lunch on the Sunday. Hmmmmmmm.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I'll play.

Gwin - 3.21.43.

Hoping it doesn't rain, mainly for the sake of a good race, but also because after seeing the carnage a few years back I can only imagine how hard it'd be to hike around in the mud after a few too many beers.

Last edited: