*Drool*

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Wanty. Ragley TD-1, omnomnom. Builds to a 9.5xkg single speed pretty easily, for sensible money, and I have the spreadsheet to prove it.

Indy faboulous.

New Salsa el mariachi. Pretty colour, pretty dropouts, pretty heavy, but also pretty good by all accounts.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
I know what you mean, but it's $100 difference in the context of a ~$3k rigid single speed. Just get the frame you want.

I think they're coming out with a TT ox platinum ragley TD-1. Should be about 2000g.

I have a lynskey roadie. It's awsome and all, but i'd spend my money differently next time I reckon. If you're getting a bike that'll last 10, 15, 20+ years, save your money and get something off the hook, as opposed to a fairly budget titanium frame.

Also. The El Mariachi is super good. Geo is spot on and rides intuitively, rear and tracks well (I reckon those dropouts are about as laterally stiff as a house) but still has the "-5psi" ride of steel frames. Heavy tubes mean you wont dent it. Heavy (12kg sus-forked single speed as I rode it) but would still build to a sub 10kg rigid SS (I have the spreadsheet to prove it) and it is my favourite colour.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know what you mean, but it's $100 difference in the context of a ~$3k rigid single speed. Just get the frame you want.
Herein lies my problem. Which kidney should I sell?

edit...added some more drool to the thread...

Last edited:

rone

Eats Squid
The Ragley is a seriously beautiful bike. Brant Richards really knows his shit. The old adage about if something looks right...