Drop crown setup

who...?

Likes Dirt
I am buying a set of drop crowns for my 07 marzocchi 888.
I would like to know if i can run a flat crown on the bottom and a drop crown on the top?
Or do i have to run it as eather flat crown top and bottom or drop crown top and bottom?

Cheers matt.

mad greek

Likes Dirt
Wha?!

The lower crown has the steerer tube attached to it, so your question doesn't make sense..

You may want to check out how the forks are assembled, or rephrase your question as I'm unsure you know what you're particularly after. But to answer what I think your question is, you can run a top drop crown with the "flat" lower crown (though I doubt Marzocchi made different ones anyway).

Cheers,
Theo

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can't change the lower crown. Only the top crown is removable, So yes, you can run drop crown top, normal crown bottom. or both normal crown.

who...?

Likes Dirt
Ahh sorry guys. Yeah im buying a top and bottom drop crown as a set and
the bottom one has the steer tube with it.

I want to run a drop crown on the top and a flat crown on the bottom i just was not quiet sure if i could do that or not.
Thanks for the help it was just what i am looking for cheers guys.

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Actually the lower crown/steerer is removable and you can purchase something like this, and use your drop crown up top. That what you're after?

Aerial Industries used to make a really good flat crown set up for lower 888s. Probably won't fit the current line though.

tu plang

knob
Nah the OP.

Changing the top crown and keeping the same lower crown isn't going to do much... (unless you have an extraordinarily high stack height)