Drop the 650B Rubbish!?!

crash

Likes Bikes
i think alot of people are getting sick of this wheel war... me included!
wheels are wheels, bikes are bikes. as long as it rolls who cares!
this has been said before, but bikes are fun! so quit the arguments, its cutting into our riding time.:wave:

driftking

Wheel size expert
i think alot of people are getting sick of this wheel war... me included!
wheels are wheels, bikes are bikes. as long as it rolls who cares!

this has been said before, but bikes are fun! so quit the arguments, its cutting into our riding time.:wave:
I think what I love most about the arguments is people speak from a perspective like they are proffesional riders almost like they are at the limits of the bikes.
650b is not good at Corning, well unless you are Cornering as hard and as well as a pro the bike is not the issue its you the rider. We have a big emphasis on bikes and gear and love to use them as excuses why we don't ride better. Reality is the bikes are ussually more capable than the rider likes to complain about.

Afterall we have all seen a young kid bashing down a trail faster than most on a cheap short travel bike.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I'd like a light weight, efficient, frame mounted, internal gear box. That would make far more difference then wheel size.... But 650b was the original European name of that wheel size.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'd like to spend less time falling off, but until that cold day in hell, I'll stick with 26, not as far to fall.

Gripo

Eats Squid
I think what I love most about the arguments is people speak from a perspective like they are proffesional riders almost like they are at the limits of the bikes.
Maybe not professionals but 650b was rediscovered by those at the grassroots level.....

Sure 650b is new to the market and the uninitiated, but not to those that plugged them into 26r frames.....

driftking

Wheel size expert
Maybe not professionals but 650b was rediscovered by those at the grassroots level.....

Sure 650b is new to the market and the uninitiated, but not to those that plugged them into 26r frames.....
Was more in regards to the nay Sayers who complain about the negative areas of the 650b when they realistically are not pushing it to its limits to really say "the bike" is the issue and not "the rider"