Dropper seat posts choices

The debate between mates is raging about dropper seat posts, I have got a reverb and the piston in the remote lever broke, but works brilliantly now it is fixed, mate at work keeps telling me I should have got a manual Joplin as much more realiable than the rockshox, he reckons I will have nothing but trouble with it, interested how others have gone with the reverb as I reckon it is the best thing I have ever brought for my bike.

moorey

call me Mia
The debate between mates is raging about dropper seat posts, I have got a reverb and the piston in the remote lever broke, but works brilliantly now it is fixed, mate at work keeps telling me I should have got a manual Joplin as much more realiable than the rockshox, he reckons I will have nothing but trouble with it, interested how others have gone with the reverb as I reckon it is the best thing I have ever brought for my bike.
I wouldn't touch a free Joplin. Why not consider KS. More betterer.

Cletus

Likes Dirt
i also have the lev and its great. i had the ks supernatural and it tended to get slow and sticky very quicky and required VERY regular maintainance and the remote seemed like it didnt have enough throw and had to be pushed down hard to activate the post.
i've ridden with the reverb and it felt nice and smooth with its hydrolic actuation but a fair bit heavier than the ks lev.
the best part about the lev is the speed of the actuation, it can be used effortlessly not only for steep and technical riding but for fast flat corners. getting your seat out of the way fast will really get your center of gravity down low giving you a lot more control of your bike.
get a lev. you'll love it

oriion

Likes Dirt
had my reverb 3 weeks, and I absolutely love it. Upside down remote,. action is great. infinite height/s smooth action i'm in love.

ADD

Likes Dirt
My Joplin was superb until my bike did a front flip onto a rock and landed on the seat. Blew the valve.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I've been using a Reverb for the last year and absolutely loved it. I'm now using a Spesh Command post and I'm really impressed with it. Only thing that's not quite as good as the Reverb is the lever action - pushing inwards seems slightly more intuitive than pushing downwards.

I wouldn't touch a Joplin with a barge pole (too little travel among other issues), but have used a KS in the past and also rate them highly.

Reverb, Command Post or KS - can't go wrong really.

niki125

Likes Dirt
KS all the way, I've been riding a supernatural for almost a year and freek'n love it. 2nd MTB in the stable means I'll be getting a LEV very soon, can't ride without an adjustable now...