DT Swiss - carbon lower forks

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hi guys, this is just a quick one for the fellas and chickas that have ridden a set of DT Swiss forks, in particular the carbon lower models, doesnt matter the travel amount.

im keen to find out how stiff they feel + or - to the typical magnesium lowers of dt swiss and other brands, and for those that have done some decent drops or taken them on some big hits, if they will hold up etc?

0psi

Eats Squid
I've only had a very brief spin on these and as for stiffness, phoar!! Pretty fricken good and that was with an open drop out, I'm guessing the 15mm ones would be excellent. I've also played with a set of lowers, now most lowers can be broken in two by hand if flexed apart, the DT's on the other hand barely move. Pretty impressive.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i noticed that they have a AM 150mm version in carbon lowers, so im guessing they prob could handle some big drops and jumps? correct me if im wrong, also which model would i be best to look at. these would be to go on a HT

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DJ, and lots and lots of pump track fun i know people are gonna flame me for the above question and in relation to dj, though ive been running carbon wheels with out a drama, just always loved the look of the dt swiss carbon forks and if i can run them with out any real problems then ill give it a shot

fairy1

Banned
I had some 07(I think) Pace forks whice were pretty much the same as the DT Swiss up until the new 2011 model. I blew the damper after a week on a 3ft drop, took forever to get fixed then the lowers cracked at a bond.
Shit sticky fork, crap damper and a big price tag, my $1300+ fork has sat in the shed after I completed about 20hrs of riding on it.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had some 07(I think) Pace forks whice were pretty much the same as the DT Swiss up until the new 2011 model. I blew the damper after a week on a 3ft drop, took forever to get fixed then the lowers cracked at a bond.
Shit sticky fork, crap damper and a big price tag, my $1300+ fork has sat in the shed after I completed about 20hrs of riding on it.
are they working now? do you still have them? want to sell them?

0psi

Eats Squid
DJ, and lots and lots of pump track fun i know people are gonna flame me for the above question and in relation to dj, though ive been running carbon wheels with out a drama, just always loved the look of the dt swiss carbon forks and if i can run them with out any real problems then ill give it a shot
Dude your pockets are way too deep! :rolleyes: I think they'll be fine if you're smooth. You've got a fairly good chance of breaking them if you bin it though. And yes the early ones were just a Pace, they have since done some work to the damper and they are a hell of a lot better, still not brilliant, not up to Fox standards but much better.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
AHHH pretty much i would be taking a step backwards then, im currently running F80x that need the seals done, so was just gonna sell them cheap and get new forks. might just look into some F36 Van RC2's then

though if you do still have them laying around let me know i may still be interested

fairy1

Banned
I do still have mine, but the bond where the lower meets the arch is cracked so oil comes out of the lowers, even if they weren't cracked I wouldn't sell them, they should never be ridden by anyone, they are that shit!