DT Swiss EX1750 Wheel Set, Question?

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Hey all i was just wondering does anybody know which DT Swiss rim it is in this wheel set "EX1750" and also where do you buy this wheel set with an 150mm hub "not 135mm".Cheers

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember reading in an old Dirt mag that the 150mm rear 1750 was a custom job that even they had trouble buying.

You may have to get in contact with the Aust distributor to see if they can help you.

DW-1

Dirt Works
Hey all i was just wondering does anybody know which DT Swiss rim it is in this wheel set "EX1750" and also where do you buy this wheel set with an 150mm hub "not 135mm".Cheers
DT Swiss DO NOT make the EX1750 in a 150mm rear hub option.

It's not a DH/freeride wheelset. DT market it as a trail/all mountain wheelset. (hence the 135mm rear).

Yes... I know that Sam used the 1750 rims on a 150mm rear hub.

He's Sam. He asks... he gets.

And as noted above... the rim is the 5.1d with white paint.

For what it's worth... they're offering an EXC1550 wheelset in 2010 with the same rim profile (28mm wide) in CARBON.

Elvis.

DW-1

Dirt Works
Is it (EX1750) not the new version of the E2200?
nope.

The E2200 uses a sleeved rim. The EX1750 rim is welded. (different rims too)

E2200 uses a regular pawl system in the rear hub.

EX1750 uses a DT Swiss Hugi Star Ratchet freewheel mechanism.

E2200 has double butted spokes.

EX1750 has Aerolite spokes.

There are more differences but you get the idea...

Both are current and continuing models for 2010.

Elvis.

libbykc

Squid
EX 1750 Rims??

i found a flat spot on my rear wheel (DT EX1750) These exact rims arent sold aftermarket are they??
Cant seem to find any.

Shoryuken

Likes Dirt
i found a flat spot on my rear wheel (DT EX1750) These exact rims arent sold aftermarket are they??
Cant seem to find any.
They will be hard to get after market. Even from overseas.
The closest I got was at my old LBS before it closed down.
We where on good terms and one of the dudes managed to order one from DT Swiss by telling them it was a warranty job.

The rim is a DT 5.1
Ya its a ex5.1 (ex500) rim. The hard part is getting them in white...
There is other colours as well such as green and blue. I know some Giant Reign Xs have them as stock wheels.
Sure they will be even harder to get new tho.

To answer the OPs question about the axle sizes.
The hubs are 240s. A high-end hub. And they can be converted every which way.
http://www.dtswiss.com/Products/Components/Hubs/240s.aspx

They do come in a 150/12mm version. And there is a 150/12mm conversion kit.
It doesnt say the kit is for the 240s, but i just made my Ex1750s into a 12mm axle.... and it says i cant do that (340 only). I think the info is a little off.
(says the kit is for a 340 hub....same sizes inside hub)

Also worth thinking about is the DT Swiss Star Ratchet upgrade, from 18t to 36t. Makes a huge difference.
For about 30 bucks its totally worth it. Very easy to service them at home as well.
www.jensonusa.com/store/product/HU261Z01-Dt+Swiss+36T+Star+Ratchet+Upgrade.aspx

E2200 has double butted spokes.
EX1750 has Aerolite spokes.
If you wana run them hard DH and i suggest maybe changing the spokes. The stock ones are thin (flat) and not as strong as others.
That been said i can take mine DHing, 3m drops, 8m jumps and they are still straight.
Guess this helps them become so light, 1750gs.

Last edited: