DT Swiss M1600

slowandold

Likes Dirt
Hi all.

I'm looking at purchasing a set of DT Swiss M1600 wheels to replace the DT 465 D wheels on my 2011 Giant Reign.
Jenson currently has the M1600s' for about $440 delivered.
Looked but have not been able to find any reviews so hoping someone here may be able to provide some feedback.
Happy to hear any thoughts either good or bad.

Cheers

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
Hi all.

I'm looking at purchasing a set of DT Swiss M1600 wheels to replace the DT 465 D wheels on my 2011 Giant Reign.
Jenson currently has the M1600s' for about $440 delivered.
Looked but have not been able to find any reviews so hoping someone here may be able to provide some feedback.
Happy to hear any thoughts either good or bad.

Cheers
If you use your Reign for XC mainly and you are light, then they are great.

I would go for a set of XT 2012 race wheelset for a lot less at torpedo7 though. Just as light and tubeless ready and welded rim, instead the pinned/sleeved DT and needing tape.

Myself is too FAT at 100kg and I have just cracked the internal axle of my DT 240 hub and bent the cups. Needless to say, all bearings dead and require local bike shop to replace them due to special tool to knock out bearings.

I would not go for DT again in my case. Also Shimano xt wheel has 10 deg 36 poiny engagement, while DT only has 18. Easier to service the loose ball too.

slowandold

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the reply, and based on your advice have decided to give the DTs' a miss. I also have decided to go away from the Shimano hubs for no other reason than they are all I've ever used and would like to try something different. Poor logic. I know.
I'm 85kg + when riding, and whilst not an extreme all mountain rider I do lack the finesse to be anything other than hard on my bikes.
Also the area I most ride (Red Hill in Sydney) is pretty hard on bikes and parts.
I've ordered instead a set of Hope hub/Stan's Flow rims. I know these are probably more than I need for the type of rider I am but should be a decent upgrade on the wheels I'm currently using.

Cheers again.