Dt350 superboost to boost

kip01

Likes Dirt
Hey guys need some help please dt350 superboost 12x157mm hub can it be converted to boost 12x148mm instead ? Had a quick google but not getting much cheers

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Definitely not. The cassette and brake disc need the spacing, not as simple as knocking 4.5mm off each side or 9mm off one.

The extra 9mm on SB is all flange spacing.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Definitely not. The cassette and brake disc need the spacing, not as simple as knocking 4.5mm off each side or 9mm off one.

The extra 9mm on SB is all flange spacing.
Yep, the whole point of all levels of boostage is to increase the flange spacing in order to improve wheel stiffness. Triangulation & all that funky shit.

There are arse-arounds for some hubs, but they defeat the whole point.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Looking at the pics of how everything is aligned you could probably convert a boost hub to super boost by spacing the rotor appropriately and adding a spacer to make the hub width 157... But doing the reverse, as you want to do, would not be possible.

kip01

Likes Dirt
Looking at the pics of how everything is aligned you could probably convert a boost hub to super boost by spacing the rotor appropriately and adding a spacer to make the hub width 157... But doing the reverse, as you want to do, would not be possible.
Yeah from what I have found you can convert boost to Sb that's why I'm trying to find tech specs to check which model the hub is as it has no serial number, it only says dt 350 on the hub

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah from what I have found you can convert boost to Sb that's why I'm trying to find tech specs to check which model the hub is as it has no serial number, it only says dt 350 on the hub
Boost to Superboost uses a longer endcap and a brake rotor spacer to make it work. Can't go Superboost to Boost because the extra width is in between the spoke flanges. Try and take 9mm of the rotor and there'll be no brake mount anymore...

kip01

Likes Dirt
Boost to Superboost uses a longer endcap and a brake rotor spacer to make it work. Can't go Superboost to Boost because the extra width is in between the spoke flanges. Try and take 9mm of the rotor and there'll be no brake mount anymore...
Yes i understand this but how do i know its boost hub that's been converted to Sb, the hub dosent say Sb or boost on it

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yes i understand this but how do i know its boost hub that's been converted to Sb, the hub dosent say Sb or boost on it
Assuming it's 6-bolt rotor flange:

Is the overall width across the endcaps 157mm and the rotor flange 18.8mm from the brake-side end cap? If so it's superboost...

kip01

Likes Dirt
Assuming it's 6-bolt rotor flange:

Is the overall width across the endcaps 157mm and the rotor flange 18.8mm from the brake-side end cap? If so it's superboost...
It's centre lock, is there even a super boost adapter available for centre lock?