Dual crown fork - rubber stoppers ?

starship303

Likes Dirt
So i've been trying to find some dual crown fork rubber stoppers online for my newly acquired Kowa 200SI fork, but i can't seem to get any real hits.

Is there something equivalent that i can use from a hardware store that will do the job? (my fork has 35mm stanchions). Perhaps a 35mm washer or something? Or is it just best to go with the factory option? Where are they available from?

I'd also be interested in ideas for a travel indicator, though i know the old zip tie trick is an option.

Cheers,

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A better travel indicator is an o-ring - added whilst the lowers are removed. This is what Push does when you send your fork to them.

Show a pic of where you want the bumpers and what they'll hit???

aidz44

Likes Dirt
a temp fix is to get hold of some door stoppers (the little rubber dome things that stick on one side) get a bucket load of them and stick em to where ever the forks will be hitting.

coles or woolies home hardware isle should have em

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get some old grips, cut them in half length ways, cut them down to size and cable tie them on, yes its ghetto, but yes it does work :)

starship303

Likes Dirt
Show a pic of where you want the bumpers and what they'll hit???
Okay, below is a side on shot of the bike - no doubt the head gusset will be the first point of impact:

The old bar grip idea is cool but i don't want it to look that getto TBH, hence why i thought there might be a nice simple plumbing (or similar) solution out there that will look pretty factory and possibly be lighter, cheaper and easier to come by than the factory option.

Here is a pic of the forks test fitted on the bike, just waiting on a new Chris King crown race (i have already raised the crowns a little from this pic to slacken the front end a little, and I have a lower, wider cockpit on the way too):

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
In Sydney ... Go to Clark Rubber ... they sell sections of rubber "strip" (for lack of a better word)

picture Liquorice rope ... except thicker & slightly softer, in a square profile.

I've cut these into rectangluar sections ... poked two holes in the sides and zipped that to my stanchions. Works awesome.

http://www.clarkrubber.com.au/rubber.html

Kinda like the middle one, except solid rubber

Attachments

August

Squid
Try an old inner tube, wrap it around and use zip-ties to secure it. maybe on both the frame and fork...
It will be kinda ugly :D