Dual suspension dirt jump bikes

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The complete shines are $2699, and you can get them cheaper at the right time. And there is quiet a few around secondhand. And 0 have broken since we started them a few years ago. A lot of guys are putting gears onto them now and using them for everything.

mitch41

Likes Bikes
Im looking at getting either a P.Slope or a Soda Slope, has anyone ridden both and can compare them? I have a full custom NS hardtail at the moment and it rides amazing, but I am looking at buying the P.Slope complete and changing a few things to my preference.

And also about the rear shock, does it compress at all on take off? Especially on real steep lips? I have heard the custom rockshocks that comes on both frames is tuned to allow no movement at all on take off but compress nicely on landing, but this blows my mind as to how this is possible.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im looking at getting either a P.Slope or a Soda Slope, has anyone ridden both and can compare them? I have a full custom NS hardtail at the moment and it rides amazing, but I am looking at buying the P.Slope complete and changing a few things to my preference.

And also about the rear shock, does it compress at all on take off? Especially on real steep lips? I have heard the custom rockshocks that comes on both frames is tuned to allow no movement at all on take off but compress nicely on landing, but this blows my mind as to how this is possible.
Ridden both. They feel very different. Biggest difference is that on the NS the travel can be a bit "all or nothing" whereas the P.Slope is a bit more progressive. Also, P.slope is much lower in the front end as it comes stock.

You can tune the suspension to kill pretty much all movement on take off on either. The squish on landing is pretty minimal, but it takes the jarring out for sure.

mlucko

Likes Dirt
I'm sorry to kinda hijack the thread a little,
But has anyone ridden or actually got a Shine? I'm very keen on getting one and was just curious how the ride on DJs?
I know its a slope/dual sus jump bike so its supposed to jump well, but I'm worried about the rear soaking up all of your pump mid pack... and if you've got one, what pressure are you guys running in the shock?
Cheers
Matt

Last edited:

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Genuinely curious as to where'd you ride these kinds of bikes? It'd be harder to get through normal dirt jumps on them and they don't seem to have enough travel for any free ride application.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Genuinely curious as to where'd you ride these kinds of bikes? It'd be harder to get through normal dirt jumps on them and they don't seem to have enough travel for any free ride application.
You'd be surprised how much fun they are, you can bash around on some track on the way to the jumps, jump pretty well, then hit bmx track, do some huck in town etc. I've had both a shine geared and SS, and have enjoyed them a great deal. Geared one probably more so, can ride 10km out to the jumps, stuff around and come back. If you're a rider that just likes to throw a bike around and hit some occasional rough track then they are ideal. A bigger 5-6" bike really struggles where the shine excels. ( jumping from say a shine to our wish.)