Dual wheel size FS frames

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Looking for an AM frame that would be compatible with both 26er and 650B wheels.

The only one that I can find so far is the Banshee Rune V2, where you can change the rear dropouts to switch from 26er to 650B wheels, and it appears to be designed to run either wheel size.

Are there any other frames like that? I'd like to put my 26er fork and wheels on a new frame, and have the option to run 650B later on.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Looking for an AM frame that would be compatible with both 26er and 650B wheels.

The only one that I can find so far is the Banshee Rune V2, where you can change the rear dropouts to switch from 26er to 650B wheels, and it appears to be designed to run either wheel size.

Are there any other frames like that? I'd like to put my 26er fork and wheels on a new frame, and have the option to run 650B later on.

black market roam, dartmoor wish.

ForkinGreat

cool, thanks Knuckles!

The Rune is definately the more affordable option. (2.1K), the Mojo HDR is probably a very nice bike, but it would want to be at (3.7K) frame only!

ForkinGreat

Thanks for the input guys!

some sweet looking options there.

the Ibis Mojo HDR, Dartmoor wish, Intense Carbine - would need a 31.6mm diam post, where the Banshee Spitfire, Rune and Blackmarket Roam take a 30.9mm post.
Current bike takes 30.9mm, so could move post straight onto new frame, rather than buying a new one. I could wait and buy a dropper that fits new frame, but current frame has a lot of life left in it. That being said, if I managed to scratch the $$ together for the Ibis, I would squeeze the extra cash from somewhere for a new dropper :whistle:

Another consideration is that there will only be one FS bike to do everything. 3 bikes is the max allowable in the household, and the other two are road bike and Ogre 29er running marathon slicks for general tootling around on. so the FS bike has to be an all rounder, if that makes sense.
I want it to climb reasonably well, but it has to be stable and handle well going downhill. and not snap like an expensive twig under my 100kg frame :)

ChopSticks

Banned
if the budget is allowing for the ibis/intense~

then look into a Liteville 301? 650 wheels optimise for XL and XXL frame size only (rear wheel)
but M-XL frames are designed for 26" rear / 27/5" front ... and by all account the bike rides superbly

ChopSticks

Banned
Liteville 301 looks interesting Chops. Available in Aus too.
yes!
stunning bikes, the attention to detail on them is just.... breathtaking !
welds are works of art, and the little details sets it miles apart from the competition!!!
check out the rear mech protector, cable routing, chain guide, frame size/geo changes, sag indicator and much more!

and even thought its Al (not carbon) the frames are featherlight !!!! and can be build just.. if not lighter than carbon 160mm equivalents

Hit up Ackland on here... i think he works for the importer and could/should be able to hook you up!

edit: and you wont see many/if any on the trails

Last edited: